Topic Identifier

Thread: Time For Compliance By Cpio Of Faa Orders

1. Thumbs up Time For Compliance By Cpio Of Faa Orders

In one of my friend's case, First AA ordered CPIO to supply information without fixing time limit for compliance. CPIO and FAA are just not responding to reminders to expedite compliance. The information sought may go against the CPIO himself and hence he is trying to delay to the extent possible. Any way out or he should file appeal with CIC, which may take a year or so to decide.

Last edited by jps50; 31-03-08 at 11:48 AM. Reason: left out one sentence.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Re: Time For Compliance By Cpio Of Faa Orders

It appears that the PA is just trying to drive you to CIC so that they can buy time. It is better to approach CIC immediately and plead to impose strict fine on the CPIO besides awarding compensation to you.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Time For Compliance By Cpio Of Faa Orders

This is a way to stall the disclosure of information.

If a applicant is present during the First Appeal hearing and the AA gives such a order, the applicant should vehemently object. In one of my cases, a similar thing happened (here the AA himself was about to be exposed). I objected immediately saying "Sir, without a time frame, your orders do not have any meaning. As it is, the PIO has taken 30 days not to reply. You have taken another 25 days for this hearing. You cannot just go on giving a long rope". Was able to get him to instruct for disclosure within 15 days of the written order.

Just keep all the reminders carefully with you and go for Second Appeal. Although it takes time, there is no choice available at this point of time.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android