Ashok Ku. Mishra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Sirs,
    Some times past, I have inquired about e-mail replies from the PIO,which he was unable to provide me and ask me to deposit a sum of Rs.892 including postal charges. I was dissatisfied and under the guidance of Karira sir, made an appeal. I requested him to provide me the same at their own cost as per the CIC decision CIC/OK/A/2007/00893 dt. 3rd Aug.07 OR the same may be supplied to me in Electronic format in a C.D. on payment of prescribed fees.
    At this they were seem to be undone as neither they were able to provide information on e-mail as there were no facilities not they were able to provide on a C.D.as well. Hence the appellate authority request me verbally that, whether I like to inspect the document? And I remain silent but told him that, as the PIO has intentionally charged me for such voluminous pages, though I have asked for certain specific portion which would never be of such voluminous one, I may proceed for 2nd appeal with a request to impose penalty for his malafide intention.
    KARIRA Sir, will you please suggest me , which would be better.
    Yours Sincerely, Mishra

› Find content similar to: E-Mail

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: E-Mail

Mishra,

What was the written or verbal order of the AA ?

You can inspect and move the Second Appeal simultaneously.
    Each is independent of the other.
    In the Second Appeal you are appealing against the decision of the PIO for charges.
    Maybe if you have enough time to submit Second Appeal, you might like to wait till the result of the inspection so that your Second Appeal is comprehensive and covers all points.

Personally I feel that you go for inspection and also ask for refund of the excess charges (if you have already paid them).
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Ashok Ku. Mishra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: E-Mail

Karira Sir,
    Thank you very much for your kind letter.
    Actually neither the PIO nor the AA are through and analysed the act. On receiving my Appeal they were confused. The AA told me that, he has contacted the State Commission , as some one there is his friend, and that friend suggested him that, the AA should find a solution talking with the applicant. As I am the subordinate staff of the same establishment he approached me saying that, neither their office can provide the information by email nor through a CD hence AA request me to inspect the file in lieu of. He has not yet given me in writing. After receiving the letter from him, I will do the needful.
    Yours Sincerely, Mishra.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android