Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Mixing faith with justice

As reported by B Sreejan in newindpress.com on 11 April 2008:
    Mixing faith with justice - Newindpress.com

Mixing faith with justice

T'PURAM: Guruvayur, the abode of Lord Guruvayurappan, is becoming the favourite venue of the State Human Rights Commission to hold its sittings on human rights violations.

How else can one justify the 11 sittings conducted by the State Human Rights Commission in Guruvayur last year alone and the three in the first three months of this year?

SHRC member Justice V P Mohankumar, an ardent devotee of Lord Guruvayurappan, had conducted all these sittings. There was one sitting each in all the months, except May 2007.

The statistics assumes significance as no town in the state, except the headquarters of districts, had received this much attention from the Commission.

According to the records made available to this website's newspaper under the Right To Information Act, there were sittings on January 12, February 20, March 23,April 19, June 26, July 17, August 17, September 17, October 18, November 17 and December 17 in 2007 at Guruvayur.

From July, the sitting repeats in an arithmetic progression the only difference being they are all 30 days apart: July 17 (Karkidakom 1 of Malabar Era), August 17 (Chingam 1), September 17 (Kanni 1), October 18 (Thulam 1), November 17 (Vrischikam 1) and December 17 (Dhanu 1).

It is an open secret that devotees prefer to have a darsan of Lord Guruvayurappan on the first of Malabar Era months.

If it is an official trip, all the expenses of the SHRC member will be paid from the tax payer's account.

The monthly sittings in Guruvayur were uninterrupted this year too. There was a sitting on March 14 (Meenam 1). The next sitting will be on April 15 (Medam 2), the day after Vishu.

State Human Rights Commission members enjoy the status of High Court judges and they draw hefty sums as remuneration. The chairman's gross monthly pay is Rs 84,130 and the three members get Rs 72,870 each.

All the four are entitled to official residence, Lancer car, two telephones, one mobile phone and at least five employees as personal staff.

› Find content similar to: Mixing faith with justice

Twitter: @cjkarira

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Mixing faith with justice

its highly misleading and misnomer to call it "mixing faith with justice".Whosoever is this devotee,is par excellent in his illusions,in that ,God is residing comfortably inside His temple and is ignorant about socalled devotee's schemingly corrupt mind.Spirituality calls for highest disciplined mind and total mental detatchment,and is far far beyond the reaches of these immoral mortals.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Have you gone to Guruvayur? Lesser mortals like you and me have to stand long queue for darshan. Despite many visits still I could not get timely "Nirmalyam Darshan". More than the expense part, these VIPs are interested in VIP facilities for Darshan.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

colnrkurup,

Maybe you can suggest that Kerala SIC also have monthly sittings in Guruvayur and call you there for the hearings instead of T'puram. You can have Darshan and hearing during the same visit. It will be win win situation for both. (LOL)
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Too nice to read such views to break monotony. How can I get Darshan? That is only for the VIPs. Unfortunately Guruvayur is 8 hours journey from here. Further this won't fit in Sri.Palat Mohandas's style. Whenever, I mean W H E N E V E R he arrange an out station hearing in camera , he generaly take only 2 to 4 least complicated cases(my cases will not fall under it. During January 2007 hearing at my place also he deliberately left out my cases) coupled with a Press Conference spreading disinformation on his plan to associate with the Literacy Mission etc., (He has been repeating it regularly since last 2 years)to create awareness. Of course the usual caution on "misuse of RTI' will be there.

I don't think he will ever arrange a Press Conference where he suspect my presence. During last RTI Seminar at Trivandrum I had conveyed some of my views with Maj Ravindran which was good enough for Mr.Vijayakumar, IC to make a walk out. Last week one of my friend has attended a hearing at Trivandrum. My friend was surprised to see the eagerness of the Commission to enquire about me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it is a matter of great pride that you,due your professional competence wrt RTI,have created tremendous respect and may be fear in this CAMERAMAN's heart.
    As for your yearning regarding Darshan,"He is me" is considered as holy and superior to contemplation with duality(of the individual and the Lord)-Adi shankracharya and later Maharishi Ramana propounded so,and your truly firmly believes in that. Amen.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android