Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Land Grabbing

  1. #1

    Land Grabbing

    I seek info of any nature to resolve my land. Even though I have got all the govt docs registered in my wife name, the same was occupied one day without notice by an individual claiming that the land was cultivated by his father. The case is in court. Twice before the case was sent by court to the deputy commisoner to verify the records and claims of the said person and it was rejected by the DC. However now again they have lodged a case and again the outgoing judge has referred it back to the land tribunal. This is proving a taxing venture, since the property was brought by my wife and myself to constuct an house. Is there any way I could take the assistance of the RTI to assist me and set right things right.

  2. #2

    Re: Land Grabbing

    Dear Sir

    same is the case with us. but we did not go to court. We have seeked help from the govt officials directly. we have orders from the RDO, Revenue Secretary, every damn ias officer knows our case. but still its hanging...the person who has occupied our land has built a bunglow and a bore in our land already..he is having a political backup.

    let me know whether ur issue got resolved and how. plz do reply

  3. Re: Land Grabbing

    RTI is meant for getting information and not for solving disputes. Your matter is already in court.
    If you feel that you need some records or documents from a public authority as evidence in your case you can get them under RTI.


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android