Tara Shankar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sub:No Response from PIO nor from1st Appellate,2nd appeal pending since 6 months

I had sent
    1.An application under RTI Act in proper format,fee all complete with all immaculate attention to see that PIO does not find a "nook",hed been sent by Speed Post with AD,however neither PIO gave /sent back the acknowledgement as attached /prescribed in Orissa RTI Rules nor any reply as to cost of providing information or decision in the matter conveyed.The matter relating to one complaint filed by my late father and other by myself in police for which no FIR was registered ,enquiry and investigation thereof or if no grounds of proceedings for investigations resons thereof,perticularly when offences complained were of cognisable and non-bailable type.In such cases,complaint to magistrate was also filed and magistrate asks police enquiry report and police has not taken any action since 9 months or informed to court or to me anything inspite of my RTI application in the matter.
    2.I applied with due dilligence,1st Appeal before FAA/SP that too was not given any heed to , or any decisions received or anything in the matter
    3.I applied to SIC ,Orissa ,in 2nd appeal ,it is pending since 29.11.2007.I enquired personally from SIC last month it is told that SIC is flooded with 2nd appeals/complaints and my case shall take another 2/3 months for taking up to hearing stage.I stay 1200kms away from Bhubaneswar in MP.
    4.I repeated another application again to the concerned PIO,PIO did not respond as was done earlier by him .My ist appeal on it before SP ,received on 7.4.2008 pending,and I am waiting its decisions.
    5. I repeated 3rd petition too to PIO ,received by him on 2.4.2008,with covering letter stating his inactions in earlier cases and with a request to provide information this time.
    6.Kindly advise what to do?SIC is flooded with 2nd appeals /complaints,my this second appeal pending since 29.11.2007,they don't have time to see even the papers as of now.Is their any higher forum to address.
    7.I am ready to divulge papers of such petitions /appeals/2nd appeal to media or press if it shall be taken up by your forum if so kindly give the postal address so that copies all such papers shall be sent by speed post or courier as pages are aroun 30 or so .

Thanks

TSBehera

› Find content similar to: Sub:No Response from PIO nor from1st Appellate,2nd appeal pending since 6 months

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: Sub:No Response from PIO nor from1st Appellate,2nd appeal pending since 6 months

Unfortunately nothing more could be done under RTI Act. There is a CIC with pendency state of more than an year and SICs where second appeals/complaints of even more than 2 years pending undattended. If you have some hold on the media I suggest that you approach them with this problem. You may float a petetion to the chief Minister ; but I donot know as to how the chief minister view less mortals . Myself in person is not in favor of approaching judiciary.