Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Supreme Court Evasive on Asset Declaration by Judges

Madhav,

I thought that the SC did not approach the division bench BUT directly approached the SC.

› Find content similar to: Supreme Court Evasive on Asset Declaration by Judges

Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Madhav
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Mr.Karira,

It has been reported in the news that SC has indeed appealed to the Delhi High Court. One of the news items can be seen here.

Dear Mr.Sidharth,

I am not sure. An advocate I know, told me that the judgment was delivered. Hence I was looking for it on the net and could not find it. After you posed this question, even I started doubting it, since if a second judgment had been given, the media would have surely covered it.

Madhav.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vishnu_madhav View Post
    Dear Mr.Karira,

It has been reported in the news that SC has indeed appealed to the Delhi High Court. One of the news items can be seen here.
    Sorry, I was confusing this assets issue with the disclosure of correspondence on appointment of judges.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    George Mathew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi all,

I hope I am replying at the correct position in this thread.

The Delhi High court has made a judgement, as you all are of course aware. This is a landmark judgement, one of the URLs is:

The Hindu : Front Page : CJI comes under RTI Act: Delhi High Court

This is indeed a matter of great importance, now of course CJI Balakrishnan is left with the option of appealing this judgement to himself!

A great day for democracy, for RTI, and for all of us when the High Court does not get weighed down by WHO they are issuing orders against but the merits of the case.

George

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234