Tara Shankar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down Can I ask personal information like: leave period,presence on certain days,date of marriage,property returns when same are required for evidence

I require certain personal informations such as
    1.Attendence of an officer in state govt for a period , say a week in his office,his presence or absence
    2.His property returns to Govt.on his appointment and during service
    3.His date of marriage
    True ,I see ,PIO /FAA shall very rightly inpose Section 8.1.j.of RTI Act,but I genuinely require them for producing as evidence,pertinent evidence in a Criminal Court pursuing a case of forgery as prosecution-complainant..
    I have ,in fact filed the applications & 1st appeal,I didn't get the information,but I have filed 2nd Appeal stating why I need them and appealed to SIC to take recourse to 8.2, & 8 .3....disclosure out weighes protected interests.
    My appeal is yet to be heard.
    Can anybody guide me how to plead so that I get the information on direction of SIC in my 2nd Appeal.Any decision of SIC/CIC in this regard?

› Find content similar to: Can I ask personal information like: leave period,presence on certain days,date of marriage,property returns when same are required for evidence

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Can I ask personal information like: leave period,presence on certain days,date of marriage,property returns when same are required for evidence

Shankar,

1. Attendance Register/Details: They are allowed. Please see:

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_18032008_10.pdf
    http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_22112007_57.pdf
    http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_16102007_14.pdf

2. Property Returns: Also allowed.

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_20032008_14.pdf

3. Date of Marriage: Although marriages are very much a "public activity" in India, unfortunately Date of Marriage is "personal information" and cannot be connected to any public activity of the officer.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Tara Shankar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Can I ask personal information like: leave period,presence on certain days,date of marriage,property returns when same are required for evidence

Thank you very much sir,for providing the relevent decisions which shall help me out during presenting my case before SIC during hearing of my 2nd Appeal pending.

thank you again

Name:
    Suresh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is asking for copy of salary slips a pesonal information?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

suresh,

Allowed by CIC.
    In fact it is "mandatory" under Section 4.

Please see:

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_03072007_15.pdf

..........U/s 4(1)(b)(x) of the Act, it is mandatory for each public authority to publish the monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees including the system of compensation as provided in regulations, so that a citizen can have access to such information even without asking for it. The CPIO is therefore directed to do the needful and submit a compliance report within 15 working days from the date of issue of this decision.

Name:
    Suresh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks. I filed an appeal before IOC on the same clause But the AA also denied the copy
    Should I write to him with acopy of this decision or I FILE AN APPEAL before CIC

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

suresh,

If the time gap is not too much, you can write to the AA referring to his order and draw his attention to the above order of CIC (enclose a copy). Request him to reconsider his decision in view of this.

If you want, you can also inform the FAA that information as per Sec 4(1)(b)(X) that has been uploaded on their website :

Indian Oil Corporation :: RTI

is not in the correct format. They have just given "pay scales" instead of the "monthly remuneration". Both these are different !

Name:
    Suresh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing the apt citations. The following information sought was denied too. Please advise:

Please inform whether she is entitled to any other perquisites or prize monies or endorsement monies and if so, list such benefits with monetary equivalent wherever possible besides salary benefits.

Whether she took a transfer from Chennai to Bangalore during early 2006? If so,please provide a copy of the transfer application specifying the grounds for transfer and a copy
    of relieving letter specifying the date and place of joining the new location.

Whether she took a transfer from Bangalore to Chennai during early 2007 If so, please provide a copy of the transfer application specifying the grounds for transfer and a copy
    of relieving letter specifying the date and place of joining the new location.
    Please inform the names of the beneficiaries of
    her family medical benefit scheme.
    Please inform the amount received by Ms. Indu as medical benefits from the Corporation for the years 2005,2006 and 2006 (year, date and claim wise) indicating the name of her family ember/dependant who underwent medical treatment

Whether she and her family are entitled to any other beneficial employee schemes apart from medical and please inform the names of the beneficiaries in her family. Whether such beneficiaries are nominated by her?

Please inform the number of days of paid and other leave or absence from work other than official in the years 2006 and 2007 and what were the grounds?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast