Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Read this First

Request to all of the members in www.rtiindia.org

We have to create the awarness in public and we have to explain about the RTI acts to our friends our reletaions and everyone who have problems and who get stucks with the goverment

as in india most of them dont know about what is RTI and what it is for us and how it helps a citizen of india

but this the job of indian goverment but have to do that

we should work for our country

Ex: i am the person who fight for the justice against the goverment or and private sectors from the past 10 years

but the RTI act was implemented in the year of 2005 but i came to know only in 2007 and i apllied on 2008

as a well internet user it takes so many time to understand about RTI

We should help as soon as possible to the RTIindia.org forums members

and we should guide all of them

so i humbly request to all of this forums members to please create an awareness in RTI which might help to change our country

but one thing a request to all please dont misuse the RTI act

which might affect others who want to fight really for justice

thanking you in advance

sorry if i have made any mistake

› Find content similar to: Read this First

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: Read this First

Thanks for your sincere concern over the need for the awareness among the citizens. But it takes its own time to reach to the grossroot level. The Govt has much role to play in creating awareness and implementation of the RTI Act. As RTI activist we can organise some awareness programme in our locality . Let us put our efforts and definately we can achieve some improvents. regards

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quest for information is natural phenomenon inherent in those who crave for it or those who want it. The enactment of RTI Act 2005 is widely covered in the media .The message would defenitely have been expossed to all those who are interested. They would have done some basic probing. Its basics are too simple that all what is expected is to ask for the information required.. I dont think any amount of awareness campaign can make those who are not aware of it despite lapse of two years to generate any interest in the RTI Act.

. People who can feel hunger will defenitely search for food or some manifestation of food. It will be futiile to explain to those who cannot feel hungry about hunger and role of food in killing hunger. I don't think any more awareness on RTI Act is necessary. What people need is examples of success of RTI. Only the CIC and SICs can convince the people the benefits of RTI with their performance. Further it is not obligatory to make the entire populace of India aware of RTI Act What is needed is to make the public servants reconcile with the fact that they do not have anything to hide from the public and they are duty-bound to be transparent in their actions

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can anybody guide me as to how a public servant can collect information over some service issues from the department in which he is serving when the same department is exempted from application of the RTI act under the RTI rules of the state or by special notification of the governor? Please show the ways.
    adil

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Dear adil85,
    It is just for my information. Is the relation between superior officers and subordinats in government offices are so strained that one cannot seek about information on one's own service formally ? Under such stained circumstances how do you work ? How can you produce the desired output ?. I was under the impression that in government offices the employees help each other to that extent that the information sought by an outsider is denied in case it harm one of the colleagues. I am from the army and left the service long time back. I am not femilar with this changed cituation. Can you please claify it ?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sir, I am a fresher in advocacy. I am getting clients from different departments of Governments who complain that the orders issued by the Government are not made known to the employees untill those are very important.The information leaks through whispers about certain orders.The service matters are dealt by the Reserve offices of the different secretariat or departments.If the employee is plain minded then he would never get the information.If he belongs to an employees Association other than that of the ruling party ,he will always be at the receiving end.
    adil

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Thank you adil85 for updating me. Incidentlly what about showing your name by which you would like to be addressed as well as your location.' adil85 ' appears little odd. Such a step is bound to bring us together

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android