Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: The Costing of information

Quote Originally Posted by akanksha.chopra View Post
    But my experience is that the CPIOs generally *hate* the information seeker because it adds to his/her work. So they insist on asking for ridiculous amounts like Rs 2/- just to delay the reply and also to make the information seeker pay for everything.
    [
    You are right. Asking for fee gives more time to CPIO in giving reply.

› Find content similar to: The Costing of information

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is a very tricky situation and needs little more brain storming. I have read somewhere recently a PIO asked the info seeker to deposit additional fee amounting couple of thousand to defeat the application under RTI Act-2005. Fee for overtime or postage or hiring people to collect and compile info is not justified. Under the RTI ACt-2005 all Departments have been asked to streamline their record keeping and they are supposed to keep info in proper files and I know most of the info is always available in files. It is only when the info sought makes the departments uncomfortable they resort to such tactics. These are teething problems and would die out shortly. RTI ACt-2005 forces the department to adopt fair and transparent decision making processes and once this starts the applications under RTI ACt-2005 would also decrease. Till then its a long way to go.

Name:
    prahlad tanwani
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what resulted in meeting with CIC ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12