Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Catch 22 situation......need help

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Catch 22 situation......need help

Quote Originally Posted by jps50 View Post
    Before filing second appeal, the applicant is required to send a copy of second appeal to PIO & FAA. The applicant can request in copy to FAA to review FAA 's own instructions/decision earlier conveyed to CPIO in view of points of appeal stated to CIC /SIC, during pendency of appeal at CIC/SIC level. It can also be stated that applicant is not satisfied with PIO reply given after orders were issued by FAA. In such a situation CIC/SIC will not be able to decide to revert back to FAA. I have recently tried this and I am awaiting the outcome from CIC.
    I am definitely serving the copy to the PIO and the AA and attaching the acknowledgement of the "serving" to my Second Appeal/Ciomplaint.

But in my case, there was no reply from the PIO and there were no orders from the FAA (written or spoken) even after hearing my first appeal, where I was present. In such a situation, what do I ask the AA or the PIO to reconsider or review ?

Twitter: @cjkarira

2. Re: Catch 22 situation......need help

Law of country can be only as good as its people. Keep on. Try all routes.

3. Re: Catch 22 situation......need help

But in my case, there was no reply from the PIO and there were no orders from the FAA (written or spoken) even after hearing my first appeal, where I was present. In such a situation, what do I ask the AA or the PIO to reconsider or review ?
    <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

You have 90 days to go for the second appeal. By that time file a fresh application under RTI seeking for the copies of the hearing. I hope u'll get the copy of the hearing by filing RTI application.

In this case if the FAA does not even make up its mind what order it should pass, it shows that the FAA wants to 'save' the PA. There is no point in waiting further. Second appeal to the CIC is the only recourse. That must be argued vigorously for imposing fine and compensation (if applicable). Additionally filing a complaint also for the same issue may only help to 'irritate' the CIC!!

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by taurus View Post
    In this case if the FAA does not even make up its mind what order it should pass, it shows that the FAA wants to 'save' the PA. There is no point in waiting further. Second appeal to the CIC is the only recourse. That must be argued vigorously for imposing fine and compensation (if applicable). Additionally filing a complaint also for the same issue may only help to 'irritate' the CIC!!
    Do you think I can title it as:

Second Appeal under Sec 19(3) of the RTI Act
    AND
    Complaint under Sec 18(1)(c) of the RTI Act

I will give grounds under both these sections (apart from other sections) and also ask for prayer/relief under both the sections.

It will be something like Second Appeal cum Complaint.

Nile0611's idea is also good since there is enough time to file Second Appeal.

Nile0611's idea is good. But going by the nature of the PIO, I dont think he will reply this also! But no harm in trying simultaneously.
    What is our aim? We want the CIC to give a firm decision. We dont want him to remit it back to the AA/PIO and drag the matter without finality. Will giving a title as
    Second Appeal under Sec 19(3) of the RTI Act
    AND
    Complaint under Sec 18(1)(c) of the RTI Act
    help achieve this objective? No. It will only give an opportunity to the CIC to treat as a complaint only and pass orders. If it is made as appeal only he may have to think twice before 'converting' it as complaint!

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Just imagine, going through all this, just to ensure that PA has a name board giving PIO details and implements Sec 4 !
    Which is basically ensuring the PA to follow the RTI law in letter and spirit.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Here is a related news report on the subject of my RTI application mentioned in this thread starter:

As reported in deccan.com on 27 April 2008:
    City News

GHMC sleeps on bad roads

Hyderabad, April 26: Roads are in a shambles in different areas across the city like Mahendra Hills and East and West Marredpally, Laad Bazaar to the south and Ramanthapur to the east. The Water Board has paid the Secunderabad Cantonment Board and GHMC to repair the roads but nothing has been done.

Residents complain of problems caused by dust from the shattered roads besides damage to vehicles. Shops say business has been affected. There is no relief in sight. The Mahendra Hills road from the SCB checkpost to the SCB pumphouse and beyond looks like a village road. It leads to the houses of many VIPs, including the Congress MP for the area, Mr Sarvey Satyanarayana, and the Telugu Desam leader, Mr J. Ramakrishna, who is contesting the forthcoming SCB elections. “One can imagine the fate of other internal roads,” says Dr Shyam Sundar Goud.

Mr N.R. Mali of Variety Provision Stores said: “I have spent nearly Rs 800 on medical bills to overcome dust allergy.” The managements of Sri Satyanarayana Swamy Temple and Hills Way Bakery complained of a thick layer of dust settling everywhere. The sale of food items has come down drastically at the bakery. If that is the scene in the SCB area, the GHMC fares no better. Internal roads in East and West Marredpally and nearby Addagutta are totally damaged. Even the link road from St John’s Church to Railway Quarters has been dug up.

There was a ray of hope when residents saw tar-filled lorries in Marredpally and expected road repairs. But that was not to be. On the other side of the city, the roads present the same picture. The Laad Bazaar road is in bad shape and several narrow roads have been closed for traffic. The reason is that sewer trunk main lines are being laid. The Petla Burz road is riddled with potholes. In another corner of the city in Ramanthapur again the roads have been left without repair. The Water Board blamed the SCB and the GHMC. “We have paid Rs 60 lakh to SCB and Rs 6.4 crore to GHMC and roads and buildings department for restoration of roads,” said the Water Board director (projects), Mr Gowtham Reddy. “Why blame us when they are taking money for a job.”

============

The condition of ALL roads in my colony has been like this since January 2007 !

Apart from the present sitting Lok Sabha MP and the aspiring Secunderabad Cantonment Board (SCB) candidate, other VIP's staying in this colony include:

- The Speaker of the AP Legislative Assembly
    - Many serving IAS officers
    - Many serving State Government Officers
    - Innumerable retired IAS/IPS officers
    - One Retired High Court Judge
    - The ex Chairman of APSRTC

(I am not boasting) In spite of all these VIP's, it is still necessary for a common citizen like me to file a RTI Application to the Secunderabad Cantonment Board on this subject. But no reply from PIO, AA holds hearing and does not even bother to issue any orders.

sagginyou,

As a aspiring civil services officer, with strong anti RTI views, what do you think ?
    I am waiting for your "valuable" anti RTI comments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Catch 22 situation......need help-27_04_2008_008_010_007-jpg  

Last edited by karira; 28-04-08 at 01:03 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android