Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Catch 22 situation......need help

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Catch 22 situation......need help

I am serving the "notice" for Second Appeal CUM Complaint on 29th or 30th April.

Just need one final suggestion from the members.

Apart from many other things, I have also "prayed" for :

1. Compensation of Rs. 50,000 from the Public Authority. (I have proof and justification to demand this)
    2. Compensation of Rs 2,500 from FAA for holding the hearing, not issuing any orders and not following the DoPT instructions for FAA's

Can I also pray for the following:

"Instructions by the CIC under Sec 19(8)(a) to the Public Authority for allowing the applicant to use the "compensation" awarded from the FAA, for making a board giving details of the PIO and AA and putting it up at the main entrance of the Public Authority with the following legend at the bottom:
    This board donated by a RTI applicant from proceeds of compensation awarded from the Appellate Authority"

This matter pertains to the list to be heard by CIC himself.
    Do you think he will throw me out alongwith the above prayer ?

Twitter: @cjkarira

Any update on this post? any action taken by Cantonment board or GHMC for repairing the roads. The road condition is still pathetic. I plan to seek more information
    from RTI/ GHMC on this.

3. Re: Catch 22 situation......need help

If I am not wrong, this is the CIC order in this case: https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/SM-26052009-01.pdf

After about three and a half years of its enactment, the PA shamelessly tell that "there was a general lack of awareness and knowledge among the Board officials about their role and responsibility in implementing this new law, and therefore, the delay. That is also accepted by the CIC without any demur. Appreciations to the appellant does not answer his claim for compensation and penalty!?

Name:
    rajendra bakre
    Blog Entries

There is no mention of prayer for penalty and compensation in the order.

Completely ignored by the CIC as if no prayer for penalty or compensation is made.

Karira, are you planning to file an RTI under section 4(1)(d) for reasons for no mention of penalty and compensation prayer in the order? (Should CIC not mention the prayer in order even if it is rejected?)

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries

If the Cantonment board is shameless, then the CIC has encouraged it by not imposing any penalty, compensation, etc.

By reading the order, it seems that the CIC has accepted the grounds like 'I was busy somewhere else' and ' sorry i was not aware' for delays and incomplete information.

Karira Sir, did your students at Cantonment board ever get around to providing you information? Any positive change in road condition?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

This is one of the most obstinate bunch of PIO's and PA, I have ever come across.

Just read the Sec 4 suo-motu disclsoure on their website. You will see my name, my initials and some of my "notes" all over the place. They did not even bother to edit those before uploading everything in a hurry - the night before the hearing.

Please read:https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/23370-...objective.html
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Dear Karira,

In your second appeal make it a point to pray that since both the PIO and the FAA have preferred not to pass an order on application u/s 6(1) or on First Appeal u/s 19(1), as the litigant you have a right to pray for the case being heard by the IC concerned and that matter must not be remanded de novo. I have done this in the past and have also prepared my prayers to be submitted during th hearing for the same in my second appeal pending disposal by the Full bench. Happy information seeking.

Ketan Modi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android