Topic Identifier

Thread: Urgent requirement for someone to coordinate

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Urgent requirement for someone to coordinate

Many argue in this forum quoting previous orders of CIC as an authority. The CIC and SICs not being courts of records and not having any mutual jurisidction I could not digest the relevency of such a practice. Even the CIC is not duty bound to follow its own previous orders as an authority. Even one IC may not agree with the other within the commission.

Of late there are orders of CIC remanding the cases to AA for not exhausting the First Appeal before prefering a Complaint to SIC strictly in accordance with Section 18 of the Act. I had already brought out in this forum that the SiC, Kerala had dismissed my complaint on a plea that I had already availed the relief by filing a First Appeal under Section 19(1). The case is like this: " I had made request to the PIO. The PIO not having replied he is demed as refused the information. Made First Appeal to the AA under 19(1) stating that the PIO has refused the information. The AA also did not reply. I had complained to SIC. SIC orders that myself having availed the remedy by first appeal under 19(1) not entitled to complain".

Now how will this situation can be sorted out ? It call for an urgent requirement of a Central Agency to coordinate the activities of all the commissions and to ensure that the interpretation of the RTI Act by all Commissions are on the same line.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Urgent requuirement for someone to coordinate

Quote Originally Posted by colnrkurup View Post
    I had already brought out in this forum that the SiC, Kerala had dismissed my complaint on a plea that I had already availed the relief by filing a First Appeal under Section 19(1). The case is like this: " I had made request to the PIO. The PIO not having replied he is demed as refused the information. Made First Appeal to the AA under 19(1) stating that the PIO has refused the information. The AA also did not reply. I had complained to SIC. SIC orders that myself having availed the remedy by first appeal under 19(1) not entitled to complain".
    I am also in a similar situation for the first time !
    Please see:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3633-c...need-help.html

Although I am going to CIC under Sec 19(3)....as pointed out in the above mentioned post, CIC is sending the appellant back to the FAA even after the First Appeal is heard.

Please give a solution.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

3. Re: Urgent requuirement for someone to coordinate

I also did not receive any response from the pio, appealed to the AA, no response . Afterwrds received incorrect and false 'information ' from PIO. Submitted 2nd appeal to the SIC. SIC told me to go for 1st appeal. What is to be followed ? Why 2nd appeal will not be entertained , when 1st appeal has been made already ? Please suggest.

4. Re: Urgent requuirement for someone to coordinate

Diye tale andhera.
    I made an RTi to a univ. no response.
    Filed first appeal to FAA. no response
    made 2nd appeal to CIC, Delhi on 29th FEb. No response.
    In the third week of march after making several phone calls, a kind lady informed me that they have received my complaint vide no 11898 and for further enquiry talk to Mr gaurav on 01126172690. Today, after 2-3 tries, instead of Mr Gaurav some body else informs me that it is a state matter and it will take time for them to transfer my complaint. Why not I directly approach? He even gave me address of the SIC.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android