Thread: The Tamil Nadu Buildings (Lease and Rent Control) Act 1960?

Name:
    C Rajarathinam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Tamil Nadu Buildings (Lease and Rent Control) Act 1960?

Hi All,

I have doubt that whether the The Tamil Nadu Buildings (Lease and Rent Control) Act 1960 act is active or not. The rent of houses in chennai are very costly and the great surprise is there is no actions from the government regarding the rent control in chennai.

Please help me to find out the things under the The Tamil Nadu Buildings (Lease and Rent Control) Act 1960 e.g the rent control norms,unreasonable eviction,government norms on rent(area wise).

1.Which ministry handling the rent control issues in chennai?
    2.Whether the particular ministry monitoring the rent hike regularly?
    3.Incase the tenant want to complain reg. the rent where he/she want lodge the complaint?
    4.What are the legal steps to be follow by the tenant towards the house owner/landlord under The Tamil Nadu Buildings (Lease and Rent Control) Act 1960?
    5.Whether the ministry or municipal corporation have the update list of rent fixation in chennai?
    6.Incase any of you have The Tamil Nadu Buildings (Lease and Rent Control) Act 1960 bare act please post it?

Thanks and Regards,
    RR

› Find content similar to: The Tamil Nadu Buildings (Lease and Rent Control) Act 1960?

Name:
    suresh babu
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Tamil Nadu Buildings (Lease and Rent Control) Act 1960?

the Act is still in force and there are rent control tribunals constituted under the Act which decides on the fair rent issues.

Name:
    Balaji
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sir,
    I am having the same problem. Please mention the address or contact details of such tribunals for fair rent issues. It will be very useful to me and others also.

Thanking you

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Balaji,

This portal is for discussing issues related to RTI Act 2005.
    For help in other matters, please try our sister website: www.bighelpers.org

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android