Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

resolve the issue in judiciary when the RTI Act has no such provision enabling the SIC to give such direction.

The SIC, in his orders CP No.740/2007/SIC dated 29-3-2008 has ruled that
    " RTI Act 2005 does not envisage including request for information made in the form information/ interpretations/
    Comments/Interrogatories etc.,"

The SIC adds that the Commission was constrained to observe that many of the comments of the complainant fell in the categories as mentioned above which under no circumstances any public authority would have been able to entertain and provide information.

The Commission did not find anything wrong in directing the complainant to resolve the issue in judiciary when the RTI Act has no such provision enabling the SIC to give such direction..

I had specifically asked for information defined in ection 2(f) and 2(j) falling under the ambit of Section 4(1)(d). The PIO replied me to approach judiciary. The AA and District Collector opted to keep quite and not to reply.

The meaning of the word 'comments', interpretation etc.in my opinion should be, given as Opinion in the dictionery and Section 2(f) which SAYS THAT OPINION IS INFORMATION.

› Find content similar to: resolve the issue in judiciary when the RTI Act has no such provision enabling the SIC to give such direction.

Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 19-04-08 at 11:31 AM. Reason: moderated

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Is It Lack Of Knowledge Of English Or Rti Act ?

Can you please share your original RTI Application, the reply from PIO and the order of the SIC.

Thanks
    Twitter: @cjkarira

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android