The Myth
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Friends,
    I sent a 1st appeal to the IG of Police, Cuttack, Orissa along with Rs. 20/- IPO as fees.
    Today I got a letter from the IG saying that according to RTI rule 7(2) of Orissa, the 1st Appeal has to be in the form of court fee only and the IPO cannot be accepted. Thus returned the IPO of Rs.20/-

But according to the Orissa high court order Important Case, the IPO should also be accepted by the PA.

Now what should I do? Should I re-send him the same IPO along with a copy of this HC order?
    Or should I prefer a 2nd appeal on this basis? He has not returned the application, though; but he has also not mentioned what should I do next.

Got the full SCIC decision: http://www.orissasoochanacommission....7_09_01_07.pdf

But even though this one is the same complaint case no 127/2006, this is not the same decision as mentioned in the website!

Can someone please help me find out the correct order which is mentioned in the website Important Case ?

› Find content similar to: My 1st appeal got rejected for mode of fees

Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 20-04-08 at 11:16 AM.
    Best Regards,
    Mithun Kumar.
    ---------------------------------
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
    Then they fight you. Then you win."
    --------------------------------- M.K.Gandhi

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: My 1st appeal got rejected for mode of fees

fightin498a,

I think the confusion is because IPO is a valid mode of payment for "application fee" under Sec 6(1).
    The order does not say anything about mode of payment for "additional fees" under Sec 7 (like you have been asked for).
    So the FAA might just be right.
    You need to resend the appeal with the correct mode of payment.

Please wait for a few days to elicit the views of members from Orissa. Probably they have a different interpretation or additional information to give you on this subject.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    The Myth
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Re: My 1st appeal got rejected for mode of fees

Is anyone aware, if I can somehow buy court fee stamps of Orissa online somewhere?
    If not, can someone staying in Orissa please help me by arranging to send me some court fee stamps by post? I promise to reimburse the full expenses for the helper.
    Best Regards,
    Mithun Kumar.
    ---------------------------------
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
    Then they fight you. Then you win."
    --------------------------------- M.K.Gandhi

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Dear friends & Respected seniors
    PIO's are using this as weapon to reject RTI applications, some need in favour of chief accounts officer/ Pay and accounts officer/ financial advisor and chief accounts officer. person who files RTI generally gives dd/ipo in favour of accounts officer. It should be brought in notice of Hon. CIC so they could make arrangements as per the convinience of general citizenary.
    regards

Name:
    vijendra singh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pl email yr complaint of fees modes to the CIC DELHI &SIC ORISSA. Also send copy to governor. Meanwhile file second appeal also to SIC. Re-send the postal order to AA stating rules of court.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android