Topic Identifier

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: RTI Act does not apply to my office: CJI

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: RTI Act does not apply to my office: CJI

Itis high time for our Parliament to enter into the issue and call a spade not only a spade but a dirty showel. Our Hon'ble CJI has already made

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Supreme Court has now agreed that the office of the CJI is a Public Authority as defined in Sec 2(h) of the RTI Act.

Please see: https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/conten...h-rti-act.html
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Did not seek immunity from RTI: Retiring CJI

as reported by Sh. Prabhakar Rao Voruganti in Express Buzz, 12 May 2010

NEW DELHI: Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan, who retired on Tuesday, said he never sought immunity for the office of the Chief Justice of India from the Right to Information Act (RTI Act). I never sought immunity.

I gave replies to so many queries, replied Justice Balakrishnan while interacting with the media in the evening. Asked if he preferred an amendment to RTI, he said, We have problem with very, very small portion of the RTI which affects the dignity and independence of the judiciary.

It is misleading to read that CJI wanted immunity. Asked whether he preferred any via media instead of impeachment, the outgoing Chief Justice commented, That is why Judges Accountability Bill is being prepared. To a query whether the judiciary needed a half way method to deal with errant judges, Justice Balakrishnan said, Half way methods are not suitable for judiciary.

But when it came to Justice Dinakaran, he refused to say anything, stating I dont want to say anything about Dinakaran as impeachment proceedings are on. Similarly, he declined to answer a question relating to 26/11 attacker Ajmal Amir Kasab, saying, It is a special case. Appeal will come. I dont want to say anything.

On the growing number of pending cases, he pointed out that filing was ever increasing despite a better disposal rate. Asked whether he was considering entering politics, he said: I was in student politics."

A related post on Hon. Ex-CJI is posted in the chit chat section here.
    Uninspiring-Tenure

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA are not that foolish as our former CJI think. He does not want to say anything about Ajmal Amir Kasabm or Dinakaran and the long list of convicts sentensed to death by the Hon'ble Supreme Court kept as State guests since many years. If he does not want to give his views at least after his retirement on these issues, why does he come to the Press ? WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA know the answer; but tongue-tied with Contempt of Court Acts.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android