Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: RTI Act does not apply to my office: CJI

1. Re: RTI Act does not apply to my office: CJI

Dear Friends,
    It should not have been, but it happened. I think the CJI uttered the unacceptable opinion, which was only slip of tongue. Like the advice of Ex PM Atal to learned Advocate Jethmalani, Silence is often valuable that Mr Jethmalni should adopt.

I had sent an email to SC and got the reply that the Asstt Registrar is the PIO and IPO of Rs 10/- in the name of the Registrar is to b sent with RTI application. This means that the SC entertains RTI application. Why this contradiction?
    aamaadmi

Last edited by Shrawan; 20-04-08 at 11:37 PM. Reason: moderated

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: RTI Act does not apply to my office: CJI

aamaadmi,

If you read the following thread, you will get the right perspective in which CJI made that statement:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3597-s...on-judges.html
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Tara Shankar
    Blog Entries

If RTI Act does not apply to his office why RTI Rules framed forHigh Courts notifying PIO/FAA.I am talking seeing the RTI Portalof Orissa High Court which is not separate from Supreme court or the honorable CJI!

Hello TSBehera,

Please see the posting of Karira just above your post (post no. #10) and you will know the proper context of this discussion.

Sidharth

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3597-s...on-judges.html

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

A cursory look at all such statements of Hon'ble CJI from the very date of his assuming office will state that IT WAS NOT AT A SLIP OF TONGUE. It is his firm convictions and oipinion.
    Last edited by Shrawan; 24-04-08 at 12:47 AM. Reason: moderated

6. Re: RTI Act does not apply to my office: CJI

Happy to learn that the whole RTI team is in harmony and ready to take it on. Kaun Kehta Hai asmaan men Chhed Nahin Ho Sakta.Ke Pathar to Tabiyat Se Uchhalo Yaro.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Now let us examine as to what does one mean by Constitutional Authority ? As fr as my little knowledge goes it is those authorities whose duties and responsibilities are specified in our Constitution. For Eg. The Comptroller & Auditor General of India. This does not mean that they are outside the ambit of the Constitution for all other purpose . They are defenitely not outside the ambit of our Constitution. Every Acts and Rules made under the Constitution is equally binding on them like any other cityzen. As I had said elsewhere, a person claiming to be a Constitutional Authority cannot claim that the Indian Penal Code is not pplicable to him.
    Similarly the RTI Act made under the Constitution of India is equally applicable to the CJI. If Hon'ble CJI is outside the RTI Act does claim that the IPC oir CrPC or even his own Contempt of Courts Acts are also not applicable to him. ?

NO SIR !!! EACH AND EVERY ACT/RULES ENACTED BY OUR PARLIAMENT BY VIRTUE OF THE POWERS ENTRUSTED TO IT BY OUR CONSTITUTION IS EQUALLY APPLICABLE TO EACH AND EVERY CITYZEN OF WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA.
    Last edited by Shrawan; 24-04-08 at 12:46 AM. Reason: moderated

CJI is a constitutioal authority ,but his office is not.Any authority whose designation/post is mentioned in the Constitution of india,clearly defining duties and responsibilities,is known as constitutional authority.Some of the constitutional authorities have already been mentioned in above posts of this thread.
    Like I have already mentioned in some other thread today,its a matter of time and you will see RTI engulfing every post -constitutional or otherwise.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android