Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Appellate Authority Absconded Appeal - Hingna Nagpur

10:30 AM April 19, 2008 was the date of first appeal with first appellate authority. BDO of Panchayat Samiti Hingna has invited the RTI appellant for hearing at Taluka place. Appellant received this information exactly on 30th day after filing the appeal. Although information was received one day prior to the hearing, i was available in the office of BDO, says RTI appellant Gajanan Dhakulkar.

Gajanan filed RTI query with PIO and requested information about development charges & taxes collected from residents. It is a practice in this Gram Panchayat to demand for development charges and then settle the matter in some hanky panky way. Information of 499 pages was supplied at Rs. 1175.

Received information is totally misleading, is far from RTI subject matter and information worth Rs. 500 is not at all related to RTI query. The information served by PIO was to carpet corruption and protect illegal income. Appeal was filed in presribed time limit.

Appeal: BDO not turned up in his office and there was no information about his whereabouts in his office. PIO who co-ordinates appeals in BDO office was also missing. PIO who was supposed to appear in this RTI appeal was also absconding.

Appellant filed a note - I was invited by you for RTI appeal. I was available in your office from 10 AM to 2 PM. AA was not available in office. Even PIO is not available for appeal. Information of whereabouts of PIO/AA was not available to your office and was not communicated to me. I have handing this note to you. Thanking you.

This was not the first time AA & PIO absconded on the date of appeal and this speaks a lot about corruption at Village Level. Punishment to PIO u/s 20 was prayed in this appeal. Now appellant will file his second appeal to S-IC Nagpur.

› Find content similar to: Appellate Authority Absconded Appeal - Hingna Nagpur

Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 20-04-08 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Names and Presumptions deleted

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: Appellate Authority Absconded Appeal - Hingna Nagpur

Avinash,
    We do not allow names of PIO and others to be posted at RTI India. Also presumptions like 'somebody is corrupt' unless proved legally cannot be posted at RTI India. I have moderated your post suitably. Kindly read the Forum Rules here:
    RTI India - Forum Rules

Also the post was made at success stories, from which I have moved to 'RTI General Discussions'. If you have any specific question to ask kindly do so at 'Ask for RTI Query' forum.
    Last edited by chanda_s; 16-05-08 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you.

Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the hearing o ur 2nd appeal is due on what date ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will update as soon as applicant receives the same. In the mean time AA has instructed PIO to refund cost of 145 pages supplied by PIO which was found prima facie excessive information not related to subject matter of RTI application. When applicant asked the refund he was informed - you will get the information by post. In this postal reply from PIO to applicant states that - you will have to return excessive information in order to process your refund. ~ Avinash Murkute

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android