Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Constitution & RTI-a lethal combination

Fundamental rights, especially those mentioned in Article 21-Right to Life and Liberty, are important. Also, the Right to Information Act can be availed of under Right to Know, one of our fundamental rights. “The combination of the RTI Act and the Indian Constitution is lethal and when used or invoked properly can bring about justice,”

---Shekhar Bhonagiri, labour lawyer from Pune

Source:Our legal protector

› Find content similar to: Constitution & RTI-a lethal combination

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

yes that is true.
    However, as the saying goes: Indian Laws are like scare-crows, initially they are build to frighten the birds, but later the birds build their nest over it.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

You are right Kushalji. In reply to the saying quoted by you I would like to cite a biblical proverb: You cannot prevent the birds from flying over our heads; but we can certainly prevent them from building a nest on our heads.

Now it is the duty of us, as RTI activists, to ensure that we don't allow nests to be built on our heads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ganpat1956 View Post
    I would like to cite a biblical proverb: You cannot prevent the birds from flying over our heads; but we can certainly prevent them from building a nest on our heads.
    I hate to correct Ganpat1956, that the quote in question is actually a a proverb of Chinese origin. It slightly differs from what you had typed. Here is the verbatim quote "You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from nesting in your hair."

In short this phrase is more of a philosophical nature and cannot possibly apply to the subject under this thread. Nor does it rhyme well with the wonderful and more appropriate quote posted by Kushal Indian Laws are like scare-crows, initially they are build to frighten the birds, but later the birds build their nest over it.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I stand by my version that what I had quoted is a biblical proverb which does not portray the birds with sadness(or even sorrow in some versions) like the chinese version quoted by mpai and thereby give it a philosophical look.

I had not intended my thread either to rhyme with or to counter Kushal. Therefore, I politely refuse to be drawn into any further controversy on this matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

By nature all laws are made with a good cause in mind. How it is (mis)used determines what it becomes.
    If you cannot drive a vehicle, only the driver has to blame not the vehicle.