Topic Identifier

View Poll Results: what a indian citizen will do if no one take care of his Grievance

Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • Just leave it and go back to work

1 25.00%
  • fight with the goverment for justice

2 50.00%
  • plan to cancel his citizenship

0 0%
  • shame to be a indian

1 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: get back the RTI application and he will do the Needful

Question Grievance

Respected Sir/Madam
    i am having problem in our house the voltage is very low between to 139 to 175 volts normally it should be 230volts in india
    i have given letters to all the official and higher officials in the goverment like JE,AE,EE,PRO, in electricity Dept and i have sent a copy to our state Governor and a copy to ministry of power and i have lodge a Grievance in online in Directorate of Public Grievances but still there is no response from any one and i sent a copy to the PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA
    but no action as taken from the past one month and in between i have applied for a RTI in electricity dept asking that when this issue will be solve
    all my electric appliances are getting problem due to low voltage i am not that rich to spend money for repairs

so please help me if no one attends my Grievance what should i do

thanking you

yours truly
    suresh sabapathy
    puducherry

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Grievance

Suresh,

Please wait for 30 days for the PIO to reply to your RTI Application.

Can you please share your RTI Application on this forum, since low voltage and incorrect frequency is a general problem being faced by many consumers in all parts of India and your application can act as a "guide" for other members or guests facing similar problems.

Also, please check with the Electricity department in Pondicherry (or the local DISCOM...Power distribution company) to see if they have a compensation mechanism for damage to your electrical appliances in case of voltage/frequency fluctuations. When the Electricity Regulators were established in the states, there was some provision for this.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

I am having the same problem as Suresh narrated. I have just made an complaint in the Register kept for the purpose, hence in the initial stage.As Karira Sir said ,Certainly Suresh case will be a guide for all of us.
    Fight for the Right.

THANKS FOR MR karira
    for repling me
    i will wait till i get reply from RTI
    and i will post the attachment
    let us see
    what happens
    thanking you

[quote=sureshsabapathy;12352]Respected Sir/Madam
    i am having problem in our house the voltage is very low between to 139 to 175 volts normally it should be 230volts in india
    i have given letters to all the official and higher officials in the goverment like JE,AE,EE,PRO, in electricity Dept and i have sent a copy to our state Governor and a copy to ministry of power and i have lodge a Grievance in online in Directorate of Public Grievances but still there is no response from any one and i sent a copy to the PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA
    but no action as taken from the past one month and in between i have applied for a RTI in electricity dept asking that when this issue will be solve
    all my electric appliances are getting problem due to low voltage i am not that rich to spend money for repairs

so please help me if no one attends my Grievance what should i do

thanking you

yours truly
    suresh sabapathy
    puducherry[/“An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.”]

get back the RTI application and he will do the Needful

I have applied for RTI on 27 of march 2008
    means last month on the electricity department in pondicherry and still they have one week of time to reply to me
    but on saturday the junior engg and the asst engg from electricity board came to my house to check the low voltage and they asked my mom to contact the JE on monday means Today
    today morning i went personelly to meet the Junior Engg electricity dept
    but he told me to get back the RTI application and he will do the Needful for me regarding the low voltage problme in my house other wise he wont do it

i request all usser any one can help me

can i wirte letter and get back the RTI appliation

if i need to take back the RTI appliation what should i write in the letter is it wise to take back the case waapus

thanking you in advance matter is most urgent please help me

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: get back the RTI application and he will do the Needful

sureshsabapathy,

Just a suggestion.
    A thread for the same topic was started by you earlier:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3598-grievance.html

Please try to continue the discussions on the same topic in the same thread, rather than starting a new one. This will help in continuity as well as direct members and guests to one comprehensive thread when they do a "search" for this type of topic or subject matter.

=====================================

The fact that you took the trouble to come to rtiindia.org and also file a RTI Application means that you had more faith in RTI than in resolving your problem through "other means".

Withdrawal or not of your RTI application is your decision.

But please ask yourself the following questions:

1. Why waste your time and efforts in drafting, submitting your RTI application as well
    as ask others for help, if the final result is going to be withdrawal ?
    2. Did you try to solve your problem without RTI ? Did you succeed ? No.
    3. If the Department was serious about your complaint, they should have come to your residence within days and sorted out the problem you are facing. Why did you have to file a RTI Application to make them get up and act ?
    4. Do you think it is normal official behaviour to use such "blackmail" tactics ?
    What if tomorrow the same JE comes to you and says "I will disconnect your power unless you pay me Rs X amount as bribe" ? What will you do ? Will you submit to his diktats ?
    5. Do you trust a Officer who behaves like that ? How are you so sure that he will do the needful if you withdraw your RTI Application ? Why did he not say "I will do the work and after that is done, please withdraw the RTI application" ?
    6. "Otherwise he won't do it" is not a option open to him at all. He has to do it. He will very well do it if you carry your RTI Application process to its logical conclusion.
    7. The fact that he is blackmailing you to withdraw your application means that he has something to hide. Why are you letting him get away with that "hidden bit" ?

And last, but not the least, please try to look at the "forest amongst the trees". What is the example you are setting to other citizens who want to use RTI ? What example are you setting for this Junior Engineer for the furture ? I can assure you that this Officer will become bolder if you withdraw your RTI Application since he knows that blackmail works. What do you think will happen to other neighbours of yours who apply to the same officer under RTI ? He will throw the applications out of the window !

But as I said earlier: Withdrawal or not of your RTI application is your decision.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

8. Re: get back the RTI application and he will do the Needful

merged the two threads.
    Last edited by Shrawan; 21-04-08 at 12:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android