Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Passport Not received (Mumbai)

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Passport Not received (Mumbai)

Puja,

The details of the PIO can be located between pages 68 and 78 of the following manual:

https://www.mumbaipolice.org/right_of_information/CP.pdf

Please also remember that your RTI application to the RPO has to be under RTI Rules for the Centre while your RTI application to the D N Nagar Police station will have to be under RTI Rules for Maharashtra, which are available as a attachment to the following post:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2370-n....html#post8213

Twitter: @cjkarira

Thanks Karira..Just that i am very very apprehensive

I have been to Mumbai Paasport office..No one really helps you out there .Infact no one is even willing to talk and the long ques are not to be mentioned. Just in case i do not find the right person to whom i can personally submit the form to can i submit it in the GPO (Read it in one of the posts that it can be donein Hyderabad). So was wondering if Mumbai has teh same facility too

And yes this site is really helpful.Till i came across this site i was totally lost

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pujaiyengar View Post
    Thanks Karira..Just that i am very very apprehensive

I have been to Mumbai Paasport office..No one really helps you out there .Infact no one is even willing to talk and the long ques are not to be mentioned. Just in case i do not find the right person to whom i can personally submit the form to can i submit it in the GPO (Read it in one of the posts that it can be donein Hyderabad). So was wondering if Mumbai has teh same facility too
    First of all it is a pleasure to help a person like you because you have spent time on the forum and read the related posts and started learning the nuances of RTI.

Yes, RTI application for central Public Authorities (RPO is one) can be submitted via designated Post Offices. The designated post offices in Mumbai are:

Mumbai Central Manager (CCC) Mumbai Central HPO, Mumbai
    23071296 /
    ssp_west1@rediffmail.com

============================

Mumbai GPO. Manager (CCC) Old GPO Building, Mumbai -
    22623120 /
    22623120 /
    22621499 /
    directorgpo400001@yahoo.com

==============================

Can I also request you for two more things:

1. Please continue with the RTI Application process till its logical conclusion even if you get your passport. Many applicants forget to carry on or give up the RTI process as soon as the problem is solved. This results in the officers at RPO committing the same mistakes again and again.
    If you carry the process till its logical conclusion, you will be of help to other citizens who will get a better response from the RPO in future.

2. If the RTI route helps you in securing your passport, please try to convince everyone in your immediate family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and even your enemies to use RTI for their regular problems. You can give your own example of success.

Please also share your success story in the relevant section of this forum so as to encourage new users.

All the best !

Thanks Karira,

At the Police Station to whom should i exactly handover the application. I believe it will be addressed to the Assistant Commissioner but then i guess it would not be the procedure to hand over the application directly to him.

Please correct me if i am wrong somewhere

And yes think i'll go the GPO way as i am finding it very diofficult to take leave for the next couple of months

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Puja,

Please do not worry. Be confident. It is as easy as it sounds. All of us here filed a RTI application the first time in our lives.

1. Just walk into the place whose address is given in that document (I saw some Andheri address). There will be a board there saying who is the PIO and the Appeallate Authority under the RTI Act.
    Otherwise, just walk into that office and ask "Who is the PIO here under the RTI Act 2005. I want to submit a application". Hand over the application with the payment and get your copy stamped, dated and signed.
    You can send it by Registered AD too.

2. GPO route or the Registered AD route are both possible for RPO.
    You do not have to go to hand over your application personally. You can send it through someone else.

7. Re: Passport Not received (Mumbai)

In my last entry i have mentioned that RTI should not be considered as first solution of any problem.First knock the other doors after that no solution then use RTI

Hi Puja,

All said and done, you must live in a place for atleast six months to get cleared for Police Verification. In some cases, this period will be longer. Since you have applied in July 2007 and later moved to Andheri, I believe that you did not meet the requirement for verification.

So, don't panic and do not confuse with the matter yourself.

Good luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android