Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Passport Not received (Mumbai)

Hi There,

I had applied for my passport in July'07. I had recently moved to Andheri then.Hence my application demanded i give my previous address proof too 9.i.e vasai falling under Dist Thane). The local police (Andheri) cleared my verification however i had to have vasai police clear it too.After a month i receive a letter from Passport office worli to come there.On meeting the Passport officer i was told photographs were missing from my application and vasai police is yet to clear it. I gave the reqd. photographs. Then i went to Vasai police station where i came to know my file never reached them. They asked me to contact Thane passport office, Did that and they say they too never received it.

Then my father went to the passport office. With the help of an opfficer there the same file was "reopened" (i also filled a new pp form)as by this time i had already spoent 1 year at andheri and second address proof was not reqd. Again police comes for verification and now they say they never received the police report (Andheri police did give me the outward number) and i have to get vasai report cleared and also fill out a new pp form.Please advise what must i do. Filling anew PP form is again a lot of hassle. I want to know where did Andheri (DN Nagar) police report go and why is my passport being delayed.

PS. a similar issue was faced by my brother and his file too was "reopened". We both went for the verification the same day to DN Nagar Police station (the second time) and his report has been received by the passport office. Our reports were also sent by police to passport office the same day. If his is cleared why not mine?

Can anyone help me out and tell me whom i must contact and how exactly must i go about sending an rti application and also what information should i "precisely" ask for?

Last edited by Shrawan; 22-04-08 at 01:56 PM.

Re: Passport Not received (Mumbai)

First of all ,please go through FAQ section of this portal,its there right on top ,in green,third from left.This gives you literary everything on RTI Application,format,how,where,whom etc.Your application will be addressed to Regional passport officer(for kind attn of PIO) Worli.
    You have to give background of case in brief like what you have mentioned here and ask for reasons for delay and time as to when your passport will be issued.
    It is a simple procedure with assured success .
    Good luck.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

In summary, the current status seems to be that D N Nagar Police verified and claim that report was sent to RPO Mumbai but RPO says no such report received from police.

Apart from RPO Mumbai, I think you should also file a RTI Application with the D N Nagar Police Station to get information on:

1. What date did they receive the papers from Passport Office
    2. What date was the person (that is you) called to the Police Station fro verification
    3. What was the covering letter number or bundle number under which your verification report was sent to RPO Mumbai.
    4. Certified copy of the above mentioned covering letter

Once you have this matter will be crystal clear and you can confront the RPO.

But knowing how the RPO works, you will have to file a simultaneous RTI application with them based on suggestion of opsharma in the previous post.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Thanks a lot. One more query.

Can the same be submitted by post or would it be advisable to personally go to Mumbai Passport office and submit it.

Can anyone advise if i can pay by cash the application fee at Mumbai Passport office or must i have a DD in the name of the RPO (as mentiioned in passport.nic.in)

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

It is advisable to go all the way to RPO to submit your RTI Application and get a stamped receipt on your copy.

If you are not in a position to do that, you can send it by Registered Post AD, so that the AD card acts as a proof of submission (after it is returned to you by the postal department).

Application Fee of Rs. 10.00 can be paid by cash, B/C, D/D or Indian Postal Order (IPO). IPO is available from any Post Office. Just leave the "pay to" line blank, cross the IPO and send it with your application to the PIO with the comment:

"Enclosed is a IPO for Rs 10.00 , IPO Nr......dtd.........issued by PO:.................. towards application fee for this RTI Application. Kindly fill in the "Pay to" field at your end since I cannot find any information on your website as to in who's name should this be".
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Thanks a ton Karira..Shall keep you guys updated on the issue.

7. Re: Passport Not received (Mumbai)

First contact RPO either mail/email and tell the situation and clearly mention in your mail that if not replied with logical sense forced to use the RTI. First do that mail id is
    rpo.thane@mea.gov.in<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P> </O:P>

Sorry but one more query. How do i file an RTI with DN Nagar Police Station. Whom should i approach and whom should i address it to

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android