Thread: My Application dated 12Feb.2008 returned by CPIO/Director,S.D.Lahiri,under DGE&T.,Ministry of Labour & Employment,GOI.

My Application dated 12Feb.2008 returned by CPIO/Director,S.D.Lahiri,under DGE&T.,Ministry of Labour & Employment,GOI.

Dear Sir,
    It is most unfortunate that [###name deleted###]Director of CSTARI., under DGE&T., Ministry of Labour, GOI. has returned back my Application for Information on Pay & Pension Fixation absolutely no Decision/Information requested for u/s.6 of RTI Act-2005. I never expected the return of my Application & its Fees. Please confirm.
    - Sankar Nath Pramanik

Last edited by Shrawan; 22-04-08 at 02:33 PM. Reason: moderated

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: My Application dated 12Feb.2008 returned by CPIO/Director,S.D.Lahiri,under DGE&T.,Ministry of Labour & Employment,GOI.

sankar,

Can you please clarify if the RTI Application was returned to you by postal department as "undelivered" or come other comments OR was it returned to you by the CPIO himself ?
    Was it accompanied by any covering letter or comments from the CPIO ?

CSTARI, Kolkata is a Public Authority under the Central Government.

Therefore you application should have been as per Central RTI Rules and with a application fee of RS. 10.00 by cash, B/c, D/D or IPO. Please recheck if you completed all formalities as per the RTI Rules.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Re: My Application dated 12Feb.2008 returned by CPIO/Director,S.D.Lahiri,under DGE&T.,Ministry of Labour & Employment,GOI.

Dear Sir,
    My Application together with reqired Fees of Rs.10 x 2(IPOs) was sent by me under Speed Post with A/D. which was duly received and ackowledged by ,CPIO/Director-CSTARI., which is a Public Authority under DGE&T., Ministry of Labour & Employment, GOI. The Application & IPOs were returned by ADT/AO under CPIO/Director-CSTARI.
    Last edited by Shrawan; 22-04-08 at 02:59 PM. Reason: moderated: kindly do not post names of officers

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Sankar,

If the application and IPO is returned without any comments of the CPIO, then this is "deemed denial" of information under the RTI Act 2005.

First choice is to complain to CIC under Sec 18(1)(c). However, of late, we are seeing that in such cases, CIC is remanding the matter back to the First Appellate Authority for consideration.

Hence, it is better to use the second method, that is "First Appeal".

If you are looking for a general format to make First Appeal for deemed refusal, please have a look at the first appeal draft which is attached to the following post:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3363-d...html#post11618

Send it again but you should not mention the name of any officer send the same by designation & address only.Because sometimes the concerned officer is transferred out or he/she is no longer in service due to retairment or due to various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SANKAR NATH PRAMANIK View Post
    Dear Sir,
    My Application together with reqired Fees of Rs.10 x 2(IPOs) was sent by me under Speed Post with A/D. which was duly received and ackowledged by ,CPIO/Director-CSTARI., which is a Public Authority under DGE&T., Ministry of Labour & Employment, GOI. The Application & IPOs were returned by ADT/AO under CPIO/Director-CSTARI.
    Appeal was preferred and necessary instruction came from Appeallate Authority under intimation to me. Yet no action deliberately taken by the Director, CSTARI-Kolkata. It is long time past, the then Director of CSTARI-Kolkata is awaiting transfer/promotion; I am deprived!

Appeal was preferred and appeallate authority advised/instructed to re-fix my pay as per the observation of Internal Audit letter 10 Nov.2004 which indicated wrong fixation of Pay upon promotion to Training Officer, and thereafter to re-fix Pension. But the Director , CSTARI-IKolkata keeping quite, no action taken; As such I am forced to ventilate my grievances to others.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Sankar,

If the PIO is not following the orders of the First Appellate Authority, there are two ways to proceed:

1. Send a letter to the FAA referring to his order and informa him that the PIO is not following his orders and disclosing the information.

2. File a Second Appeal / Complaint with the SIC/CIC. This will take more time then alternative 1 above.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android