Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: playing with RTI

Re: playing with RTI

respected kurup sir .
    rule is very clear sir . it says travel between stations not connected by rail , executive officer can travel in taxi . it further says there is no need to take prior approval for travelling in entitlled mode of convayence . permission is required only for travelling in higher than entitlled class.
    I got the copy of this ruling throught RTI from O/o Chief general manager .
    Now the executive engineer who wants his staff to prepare contractors bills without visiting and without mentioning any defect in work , creating this sort of problem.
    plz tel me can any officer refuse to honor rules?

LAGE RAHO RTI KE SAATH

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

There is no doubt that all have to abide by rules. If I remember, one can travel by taxi only when there is no public convenyance of any type Kindly remeber one thing Our present bureaucracy which is hand it down of British give lot of descretionary powers to the superior higher officials. You may be absolutely right. Some time it will be painful to close eyes But if one has to serve peacefully, it is always better to be tactful Anywy this being not an RTI subject I am leaving it at that..

3. Re: playing with RTI

Dear Sir,
    A person in service is bound by the rules of the organisation which invariably provides for redressal of grievances through Appeal to higher ups. I believe that RTI act is for persons outside the organisation who has no legal rights to get information other than the RTI act.
    chandrasekaran.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

You are absolutely right. This exactly was my view. But there were stong opposition to this concept from the younger generation. They claim that fundamental rights are equally applicable to government servants also. Majority of RTI cases pending with CIC/SICs pertain to government servants. I do not wish to discuss this topic further due to generation gap , change of concept of human values and change of mutual relation within the department. Anyway I stopped pressing that issue because I retired 20 years back and not aware of the current state of affairs.If you go through old posts of this forum you can have a feel of the new trend. I believe that the generation younger to me is more wise and well informed than me.

all sirs . I got a reply to my RTI querry that i am entoitlled to travel in taxi . my boss saying keep rti in your pocket .
    LAGE RAHO RTI KE SAATH

6. Re: playing with RTI

Thanks to RTI. We are able to read this exchange

Question is not whether Khan got his taxi fare or not,it is whether evoking RTI was the only avenue? Was it the last resort? Did he exhaust all other internal avenues available to him? Did he even attempt to resort to internal departmental actions/discussions/grievances resolving route.
    It requires a serious discussion :At What Stage a Citizen Should Resort to RTI Route?
    Last edited by opsharma; 03-05-08 at 11:03 AM.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

In my personal opinion government servants should be able to get their service problems remedied and satisfied with departmental procedure. There is a very excellent procedure exist. Using RTI arise only when mutal relations are spoiled and reached a stage of confrontation. For Eg.if a government servant want to see his leave account he could be able to walk into his Estblishment section and see it. But I have seen that people are resorting to RTI Act even for this. Basially so long as the man-management system is satisfacory there should not be any reason for a government servant to resort to RTI though they are fully entitled as per the Act. But when one resort to RTI channel straight a way he is entering into confrontation with his superiors making the lives of both miserable. Ultimatly the strongest of the lot wins causing problem to the other and his family.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android