View Poll Results: Is the decision of Government to conduct review of RTI is good?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 55.56%
  • No

20 44.44%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Testing RTI: Govt vs activists, Pricewaterhouse vs Google

I agree with karira that this is a ruse to scuttle RTI in whatever possible way. If the govt is serious, Invite suggestions from the public and hold open seminars with RTI activists and any body who is interested. Govt can also involve upbhokta sangthan activists.

› Find content similar to: Testing RTI: Govt vs activists, Pricewaterhouse vs Google

Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 25-04-08 at 01:23 PM. Reason: moderated

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Added Poll to the topic.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slchowdhary View Post
    I agree with karira that this is a ruse to scuttle RTI in whatever possible way. If the govt is serious, Invite suggestions from the public and hold open seminars with RTI activists and any body who is interested. Govt can also involve upbhokta sangthan activists.
    Please do not misunderstand me.
    I am not against any survey.
    All I am questioning is whether it is the right time to survey the efficacy of the RTI Act.

slchowdhary, here I am with 17 RTI applications pending at various stages - ALL for just getting the PA to put up a board giving details of PIO/AA. If even that has not been done, what is the big point doing a survey ?

I can assure you that the total exercise (DoPT and the RTI Activists) will not cost less than Rs 5 Crores. As a layman, that means for me, either:

50,000 boards with PIO/AA details (@ Rs 1000 per board)
    10,00,000 user guides in different languages for RTI novices (@ Rs 50 a booklet)
    1428 Desktop Computers (with printers) for SIC/CIC (@ RS 35,000 a computer)
    2000 RTI camps in various Villages (@ Rs 25,000 a camp)

Now what is better ? To do a survey or do any of the above things ?

You can decide for yourself.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

The other day our hon'ble PM was unhappy at corruption problem when he spoke in a seminar of Justices and CMs. He should strengthen RTI rather than finding ways to dilute it. If really govt. is serious about containing corruption [which I doubt!], it should implement simple ways to forcefully and sincerely implement RTI. Statute in books is only first step. We have reams and reams of laws in the books, but the ground realities are totally different. Govt machinery cannot stop corruption. Its only empowered public [through RTI etc] that will reduce the problem to a great extent.It is only common man that is vicitim of corruption. Give him the authority and he will fight his own battle. Some misuse will be there, but every law [or any other thing]has this problem.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

If anybody of you get hold of the terms of survey, objectives and methodology to be adopted, it would be wiser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In 'HOME" Last post is listed as Today, 9.47am by Kushal. There is no such post. Lats is by Kushal 25.04.08 08.12PM. How come?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As this thread is with 'Poll', it will show the last post as 'last poll submitted' rather than the last post. So anytime somebody votes it the thread will bump.

Good way to keep the thread alive

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Power to Review one's own orders in inherant in every judicial proceedings. There are various conditions stipulated. Order 47 CPC deals with "Review"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast