Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Information Needed Urgently on MotorCycle Driving in other states

Hi, I want to bring my Tamilnadu registered vehicle to Andhrapradesh and drive it for a year or two. After one or two years i will go back to Tamilnadu. So i dont want to change my current Tamilnadu registration. Can you tell me what should i do to drive my bike in AP with out any legal issues?

› Find content similar to: Information Needed Urgently on MotorCycle Driving in other states

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

You have asked for this information over email too and one of your RTI Team Member 'Maneesh' had replied to you. However I am posting his reply for reference here:

Please go through the list and do the needful. If you need further help do let me know. If you are going to stay for one year you can avoid this process else you have to get it done.

1. NOC is not required for one year from the date you shift your vehicle
    2. Get NOC while u transfer your vehicle from one state to another
    3. Pay the balanced road tax based on your previously paid tax
    4. Submit the RC book , if you can do the follow up to your previous location to get back the RC again, otherwise it will never come back to you.
    5. Do not pay the Traffic police , they have no right to seize the vehicle, only RTA can seize the vehicle
    6. No need to pay road tax also if you transfer your vehicle to Maharashtra, is not applicable for other states

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not able to understand the process

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But still am not able to understand it.

"If you are going to stay for one year you can avoid this process " - Does this mean for one year with out having any NOC or not paying any road tax i can drive my vehicle in AP?

If yes, then what is the proof, i should have with me which indicates that the vehicle is available in AP for less than a year. Please provide me the details.

"If you are going to stay for one year you can avoid this process else you have to get it done.
    1. NOC is not required for one year from the date you shift your vehicle
    2. Get NOC while u transfer your vehicle from one state to another
    3. Pay the balanced road tax based on your previously paid tax
    4. Submit the RC book , if you can do the follow up to your previous location to get back the RC again, otherwise it will never come back to you.
    5. Do not pay the Traffic police , they have no right to seize the vehicle, only RTA can seize the vehicle
    6. No need to pay road tax also if you transfer your vehicle to Maharashtra, is not applicable for other states"
    Does this mean, i have to do these steps only if i plan to stay for more than a year in AP?

Also the 4th Point is not very clear. Where should i submit the RC book? In AP or in Tamilnadu. If in AP, which place? What do you mean by "otherwise it will never come back to you". Please clarify. Will i loose my RC book for ever?

Please clarify in detail. Sorry for the inconvenience but the process is not very clear, thats why asking more clarifications....

Then one last question, What are the documents i should have with me if i bring my vehicle to AP and should produce to the traffic police if they ask for? Please provide the rules and the rule numbers for the reference for Andhrapradesh.

Thanks,
    Amjath

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please reply to my query ASAP. Am waiting for it.

thanks,
    Amjath

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Please visit the old RTO office and give a request that you are being transferred and you would like to transfer the vehicle to new state.

As vehicle are registered by the state government so you will be given a new registration number as well as new RC book.

The original RTO will keep your RC book and give you NOC which you will be submitting at new place to get the new RC book and new registration number.

You can show any transport documents or transfer document to substantiate your claim about one year period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

You have now given some new dimension to the problem. Please read my previous posts to know what i want and do reply me on that. I think you haven't read my posts properly. I didn't want to change my number while i am driving my bike in hyderabad for a year. now what are the documents should i keep with me. please give me the list in detail. also read my post and give clarification for each question i have asked. please do it ASAP and do not give some other dimention as the normal govt employee do when u go for some work there. please remember that RTI should be helping people not confusing. Also i had asked for the rule no's for the statement mentioned by khushal. "Do not pay the Traffic police , they have no right to seize the vehicle, only RTA can seize the vehicle". do not forget to provide that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Dear Sir,
    This is a community forum where people try to help other to the capacity they can. No one is under obligation to answer any question.
    Pl be patient and wait for the answer when one of our forum member post it.
    You may file an application under RTI with requisite fee to the CPIO of local transport department and contact the local RTO office for detail procedure.
    You may visit the RTO website and find out the detail for yourself
    Welcome To TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRAPRADESH - INDIA

RTI India in entirely a community effort where in people from all walks of life comes and share their experiences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Dear Mr amjathsharief,
    I have culled out information from the RTO website.

An application for recording of change in residence in the Certificate of Registration of a Motar Vehicle shall be made by the owner of the vehicle in Form 33. duly paying the appropriate fee of Rs. 20/-

Requirements:

* Certificate of Registration
    * Proof of Address

ASSIGNMENT OF NEW REGISTRATION MARK ON REMOVAL OF VEHICLE TO ANOTHER STATE

Section 47 of M.V. Act 1988 provides for assignment of new registration mark on removal of vehicle to another state.

The application for assignment of new registration mark to a motor vehicle shall be made in Form 27 of CMV rules along with N.O.C specified under Section 48 of M.V Act 1988 issued in Form 28 of CMV rules 1989.

Time of 12 months is provided for re-assignment of a vehicle under Section 47 of M.V. Act.

REQUIREMENTS:
    1. Registration Certificate
    2. Proof of Residence
    3. No Objection Certificate
    4. Insurance Certificate
    5. Pollution Under Control Certificate
    6. Tax Payment

<::: welcome to TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRAPRADESH - INDIA :::>
    Last edited by maneesh; 08-02-07 at 04:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast