Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Electricity Dept of Mapusa, Goa gave a connection to an outsider in my private property without taking any permission from me

The Electricity Dept of Mapusa, Goa gave a connection to an outsider in my private property without taking any permission from me

The Electricity Dept of Mapusa, Goa gave a connection to an outsider in my private property without taking any permission from me. I wrote to them to which they replied that the Muncipal Council had given the permission on health grounds. Now my question is can the municipal council direct the electicity dept. to give electrical connection to a total outsider in my private property. I have a feeling there must be some corruption involved. How can I ask the Electric Dept. to remove the connection.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: The Electricity Dept of Mapusa, Goa gave a connection to an outsider in my private property without taking any permission from me

Do you want to use RTI to find out ?
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Re: The Electricity Dept of Mapusa, Goa gave a connection to an outsider in my private property without taking any permission from me

I have already used RTI to Municipal Counsil Mapusa,
    I am anxious to know if any person can get an electrical connection into any ones property without the prior permission of the owner of a property?
    Thanks

Sir,
    I have before me a reply to my letter dt 6<SUP>th</SUP> March 2008 from the Asst. Engineer Electricity Dept. saying that they had received one application for new connection from Shri Shivram S. Patekar H. No. 32/6 on 14/02/08 along with Order of Chief Officer, Mapusa Muncipal Council, Mapusa vide ENGG/5519/08 dated 10/01/08 to release Electricity connection on Health ground under Health Act. And that accordingly they had released the electric connection on 25/02/08. It is surprising to note that your department has given permission for electric connection to my H. No. 32/6 situated in my property to a person who is not a legal occupier or a tenant of mine without referring to me or taking my NOC.
    In View of the above under RTI:-1.) I would request you to kindly supply the copies of relevant section of health act under which you have granted the electricity connection to a person who is not a legal occupier or a tenant of mine in my house situated in my private property. 2.) Since Mr. Shivram S Patekar has been given electric connection by you on Health ground, I would like to have a photocopy of the consulting doctor’s prescription/recommendation for the same.3)Please let me know the names & designations of the officials who have passed the order to give electric connection to H. No. 32/6 situated in my private property without my NOC. 4) I would like to know what action would be taken against these officials for passing the order for electric connection to my H. No. 32/6 situated in my private property without my NOC.5)I would like to know by when will the illegal electric connection to H. No. 32/6 situated in my private property be disconnected.In case the subject matter /any of the information is held by / related to another public authority you are requested to transfer the application or such part of it as may be appropriate to that other public authority with an intimation to the undersigned (Section 6(3) of RTI Act). Please send the reply by Registered Post. I shall make the necessary payment on receipt by crossed local cheque. Thanking you,

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Rufus,

Something strange here.
    I had heard of "temporary telephone connection" on health grounds - that too a long long time ago before telephone connections were available across the counter.

Your RTI application seems OK, except the last part "payment by local crossed cheque".

Since you have already made the RTI application let us wait for the reply.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

6. Re: The Electricity Dept of Mapusa, Goa gave a connection to an outsider in my private property without taking any permission from me

I think make a separate new application asking for copies of rules & regulation under which Muncipal Council is permitted to recommend the electric connection on health ground superseding landlord.

Let municipal council also do some brainstorm.

Thanks a lot for your recommendation. I am also surprised that municipal council has superseeded the landlord. Tomorrow if the encroachers in my property run away after making huge electric bills, the same electric dept. will not allocate a new connection if I want. They will say first clear the outstanding and as you know it is difficult to fight govt organisations.
    Bye

Hi Rufus,

What is the outcome of your RTI and if it sailed off well can you spare in your time and post the same for benefit of others.

FYI - I guess this is the sequence for escalation of issues with the Mapusa Municipal Corporation under RTI act 2005.

First send out a letter under Regd A/d putting in all correspondence /documents and serial No the enclosures page wise to

The Public Information Officer,
    Chief Officer,
    Mapusa Municipal Council,
    Mapusa, Bardez, GOA State – 403 507.

If no response within 30 days then send out a letter under Regd A/d to escalate to
    Along with your letter The Public Information Officer, to

The Director of Municipal Administration,
    Collectorate Building,
    Panaji,
    Bardez, GOA State.

If no response within 30 days then send out a letter under Regd A/d to escalate to
    Along with your letter The Director of Municipal Administration, to

Goa Information Commission
    Shrama Shakti Bhavan,
    Ground Floor, Patto Plaza, Panaji,
    Goa – 403001

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android