My Mother Smt.S.Padmavathy expired on September, 04 2007. As per Tamilnadu Govt.Pensioners Family Security Scheme a Payment of lumpsum amount of Rs.25,000/- only to Thiru.S.Mohan Dass(MY Father) was alotted.
The letter sent by the Pension Office had the folowing details:
Proc.No.Rc.PPO/PEN43347/07/K1 dated : 24/12/2007 signed by the Pension pay officer dated 26/12/2007
The letter clearly says that "the check will be isued by the Director of Pension, DMS Compound, Teynampet, Chennai-6."
But when My Father approached the Director's office He was disoppointed by the officials saying the check has been sen through POSTAL.
Till today we have not received any check or acknowledgement card from the postal department which is IMPOSSIBLE BY ALL MEANS. We have also checked with the postal office. They say they have not received any registered letter.
My Father works in a responsible post and also I can't afford to take leave on 'loss of pays' as I have joined ina new private company.
Even though when I made a second visit on 04/04/2007. This time the authorities gave the following details:
Check sent by postal retured on 06/02/2008.
Ref.NO: ndis1246/08/F3, dated 06/02/2008.
Why in the whole world that a CHECK should be sent through postal. If so WHY THEY DO not INFORM earlier(I could have avoided a 'loss of pay').
I have chipped ina email to the Public Information Office who is also the Senior Deputy Accountant General (Admn.)
Office of the The Accountant General (A&E), Tamil Nadu
361, Anna Salai, Teynampet
Chennai – 600 018
BUt she called my father's mobile and informed him that she cannot send a acknowledgement for the email. It does not fall under her jurisdiction.
THERE IS A LONG STANDING NEXUS BETWEEN THE POSTAL STAFF WITH THE PENSION OFFICERS. IT WOULD BE A REVOLUTIONARY EVENT IF THIS 'NEXUS' WAS EXPOSED.
I HAVE FURTHER COMPLAINED WITH THE "Department of Administrative Reforms And Public Grievances" Through the online Grievance Redressal Form. An Automatic acknowledgement 'Registration Number' is given.
If the issue goes beyond 2 months, they have to give reason for the delay under the rules and regulations.
Just pen down your letter asking the authority to pay your father Interest on the delay in disbursing pension. I am sure you will not get prompt reply
Just wait of 15 days and then ask for the status of your letter under RTI.
Why don’t you file RTI Application. While filing RTI Application detailing the problem being faced by you and quoted therein your all previous references of letter/telephone/personal visits to the office of the Director of Pension, DMS Compound, Teynampet, Chennai-6." and ask for the following information (Please use all or some points as suited to you. Point No. 6-9 below are essential for quick and positive action):
01. Inform me the day to day action taken on my various requests made earlier (give date wise detail of your letters/visits/phone calls).
02. Inform me the time needed as per law to finalize the required action.
03. Inform me latest status of your request.
04. Provide me the certified copies of the File Notings relating to this matter.
05. Inform me reasons for the delay
06. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for taking action on your request.
07. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for causing delay on your request.
08. This application may also be treated as a Notice u/s 80 CPC and the action taken thereunder may also be inform to me in due course.
09. I have paid fee for the purpose. I am a consumer. The delay is a deficient service. Moreover I am being harassed. What compensation is proposed to paid to me. if Nothing, This may please be treated as a Notice under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
10. Inform me the manner in which the PA is proposing to compensate you for the mental agony and deficient service.
11. Any other point on your mind (Think Hard).