0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For Best Department & Person Not Vacating Our Room

Hi
    Iwant To File Rti For Help From Govt Dept In 2 Matters
    1) In My Building There Is A Person Who Is Illegaly(rather Forcefully) Staying Since 25 Years In A Room That Belongs To Us , My Grandfather Had Given Him The Room In Good Faith For Some Time Without Any Rent Or Any Writen Document , Now He Is Not Agreeing To Vacate & Give Us Possesion &
    Also He Has Got An
    1)electic Bill Meter In His Name
    2)water Connection In His Name

How Can We File An Rti To Get Him Out & Take The Room Which Belongs To Us
    We Want To Prove In Best & Water Dept That How They Have Given Hin Those Conections Without Proof

Pls Help Me Draft A Rti (this Is My First Time)
    Also Can I File This Rti Online
    Since Im A Working Person & Cannot Go To Public Dept To File Rti Physically
    Thanks For Help In Advance

› Find content similar to: For Best Department & Person Not Vacating Our Room

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: For Best Department & Person Not Vacating Our Room

Dear member,
    Please send an RTI application to the Electricity department. In that application ask for the following information. (Though you are not expected to give any reason, you can state that you require the information to show the name change for that connection had been made wrongly.)
    <O</O
    1. Who is the owner of service connection number ----?
    From what date he is being considered as the owner ?
    2. Under what rule has name change been made in his favour ?
    3. What document had he produced for claiming name change?
    4. What is the deposit held by the department for this connection number-- ?
    5. Who had paid the deposit and when was the deposit paid ?
    6. What is the name and designation of the officer who had changed the name of the
    consumer?
    You can ask similar questions to the water supply department also. Later you can prefer criminal complaint for tresspass
    Best wishes.
    Latelearner.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Dear Ameet,

That is a very good suggeston from latelearner.

Since you are in the state of Maharashtra, please be guided by the Maharashtra Rules while filing your RTI application. There is no need for you to personally go to file the application. It can also be sent through Regd Post AD. However presently there is no-online facility available for filing RTI applications.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

idc999,

latelearner has given you very good points. You can add/delete/modify his suggestions based on you case.

I just want to suggest that for points 2 to 5 of his suggestion, just replace the first words (Under, What, What, Who) with "Please give me a certified copy of......"

You can also add one more point if you so wish (to both electricity and water department):

"Under Sec 4(1)(d) of the RTI Act, please give me reasons for for taking a administrative decision to give a electric connection to a person illegally occupying my premises, since I am the owner of the property and a "affected person""

If the connections have nor been given a long time ago....like 20 years or so, you can also as for:

"I want to inspect all files, records, papers, documents, file notes, applications, attachments, etc. connected with the application and granting of electricity (or water) connection to Mr..........(the name in which the connection is) located at.............................(the address). During the inspection, I will like to take certain certified photocopies of some of the above information/records available in your office."

(The certified copies obtained will be useful to you in case there are further battles ahead.)
    Last edited by karira; 25-04-08 at 06:33 AM. Reason: spelling corrections
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    AMEET K THAKKER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks But How Do Is Start?what Should Be My First Step?
    Where To Send Reg Ad & How To Send Fees By Post Or Online ?
    Pls Reply

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Ameet,

Can you please let me know the supplier of electricity to your area (BEST, BSES , etc)
    Please also let me know if water supply is from Municipal Corp. of Greater Mumbai or someone else.

This will be available at the top of your latest bills.

Name:
    AMEET K THAKKER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes Best-for Electricty

& Water Is Muncipal Corporation

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Ameet,

1. The RTI application is to be given/sent to the SPIO (State Public Information Officer).
    For BEST, Please visit:
    Welcome to the B.E.S.T. Site, Power utility company, Electric supply company, Transport company, Power, Transportation, Mumbai Transportation
    On the left hand side right at the bottom there is a RTI link.
    On clicking that you will get a list of PIO's.
    I think that for your query, information can be obtained from the Commercial Section. There are several listed there, just pick on the one who is for your area.

For MCGM, please visit:
    Official Website of Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai

There is a list of Asst. Commissioners there.
    Click on the Asst. Commissioner of your ward.
    Another page will open with a Manual with chapters.
    The PIO details are available in the link for Chapter 17.

2. Your RTI Application has to be as per RTI Rules for state of Maharashtra.
    These are available as a attachment to the following post:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2370-n....html#post8213

Please follow the rules for the application format and the mode of payment of application fees of Rs. 10.00

3. The contents of the RTI Application have already been suggested to you in various posts in this thread. If you still have doubts, please draft a RTI Application and then post it here for members to guide you or make suggestions.

4. RTI Application can be submitted by hand (get a stamped, dated and signed receipt on your copy) or by Registered Post AD (so that your AD card acts as a proof of submission, after it comes back to you from the Postal department)

All the Best !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android