Thread: retired person

Thumbs up retired person

i retired from Life Insurance Corporation of India. I am happy to join RTI. would like to work for the same. i have been staying in my house since last 15 years and not even a single occasion arose where my electricity bill was delayed or remained un-paid. suddenly a week back the Madhya Pradesh State Electricity Board persons disconnected my service for no reasons assigned to me, or any member of the family. just cut off it from the pole. on contacting the offices of the Board i was informed the service was cut inadvertently and they demanded 125 rupees for re-connection. the persons who restored the connection took the money and promised to give a receipt for the same. can a lodge a complaint under RTI asking MPSEB to show me the records of disconnection and restoration so that i can claim refund of Rs. 125.

2. Re: retired person

Dear gl bhasin,

Welcome to RTI India community portal. As a major part of your post comprises of RTI query, I am shifting this from "New Member Introduction."
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

3. Re: retired person

Of course you can. But instead of complaint, it will be an application for information u/s 6 of RTIA. But the problem is that you don't have receipt for rs 125/-.

Re: retired person

thanks chowdhry ji. but still i can file application under some section to know whether there were orders for disconnection or not. if there were no orders, how the service was disconnected. i am trying to find the man who took 125 rupees, who had promised to deposit the amount as against reconnection. if he gives the receipt and there were no orders for disconnection, the persons can be pulled up. but if there were orders for disconnection how the service was connected without first getting the bills etc due if any. if there were orders then the person who connected the service can be penalised.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android