Thread: Cancellation of Canditure after recommended for appointment

Cancellation of Canditure after recommended for appointment

I am working as Jr. Steno (4000 -6000/-) with the South Eastern Railway. I have applied for the post of Tax Assistant (4000 -6000/-) conducted by Staff Selection Commission seeking age relaxation as Central Govt. Civilian/ Departmental Candidate with intimation to Head my Office where presently employed , i.e. O/O Divisional Electrical Engineer (TRS)/Eleectric Loco Shed/ Santragachi/ South Eastern Railway. Later got NOC from the Divisional Office.

I was called for the Written Exam.. I qualifed the same and called for the Computer Skill Test, there SSC checked manually all my documents and verified as OK , except I have to submit the Degree Certificate. I had submitted the same within due date.
    I also cleared the Skill Test and my name was published over Internet at Commission's website. I was recommended for appointment in the Central Board Direct Taxes Later and was asked to submit option for the place of posting . The Commission also published final list of candidates recommended for appointment with a separate provisional list. I was in the final list , not in the provisional list.

The Commssion remained mum for several months, after chasing, the Regional Director issued at later on 08.01.2008 that as I am a Railway employee, I should not get the age relaxation. As Govt. of India decided that Railway employees are not Government Employees as they are recruited through Railway Recruitment Board.

My question is , there is no copy produced to me where it is found that Government of India decided that Railway Employees are not Government Employees.

Indian Railway is under the Ministry of Railways , which is the part of Government. Railway uses (RDSO, Indian Railways etc.) Government Emblem. Tenders are called by Railways on behalf of President of India. Pay commssion in its recently published report mention that the Railways is the LARGEST CIVILIAN EMPLOYER of country. In the Civil Service Day last week, CRIS , a Railway organisation awarded for PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION .There is so much reference can be produced that Railway employees are Government Employees. In the Employment News 19 -25 April 2008 is the Advertisement published by the SSC for recruitment of Hindi Translator also mentioned that Age relaxation is avilable to all Central Govt. Civilian Emplyees and other Central Govt. Employees provided that they have rendered 3 years service and informed the Head of office that they are applying for the post.

I have applied to the Regional Directror, Eastern Region, Chairman SSC, Delhi but in vain.

I am looking for authentic Reason , whether the information / documents stands for cancellation of my candidature by the Staff Selection Commission after finally recommneded for appointment have any base or stands good .

Thanking You

Goutam Basu
    Tax Assistant Exam 2006
    Roll No. 3013334

TeleFAX : ..................
    Mobile: ....................
    Email: humane..................
    human..............................
    srcdeetrs................

Last edited by ganpat1956; 25-04-08 at 12:13 PM. Reason: live email links deleted

2. Re: Cancellation of Canditure after recommended for appointment

Dear Goutam,
    All discussions on RTI matters take place only through the forum board. Posting of live email links are not permitted here.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Re: Cancellation of Canditure after recommended for appointment

Hello Mr.basu ,
    i am a railway engineer . my application was also rejected by the commission for combined graduate level exam(prelms)2008. On the eve of intensive enquery , the commission(sr) show me a letter from a higher officer of the commission stating that "railways have seperate budget, seperate recruitment board so that no age relaxation is to be given to any railway employees" . In fact the reason they are telling is absolutely absurd which is not based on any govt order or gazzate. Even though i argued this they refused to issue me the admission letter. Now i have applied letter seeking information by RTA 2005 regards to my rejection, and waiting to get the letter in writtrn form.
    Further i have decided to go to coart in this case , then only , the matter will be highlighted in our dept. Rejection of railway employees as non govt is tottaly abjectionable and we all, the railway employees affected by the commission has to unite together for a fight for justice.
    Since you are already selected , it is better to go to court order since they have not have any valid govt gazzet stating railway as non govt. Better you spend 10000 rupees in highcourt which is the only solution

4. Re: Cancellation of Canditure after recommended for appointment

Quote Originally Posted by rajikumars2000 View Post
    Hello Mr.basu ,
    i am a railway engineer . my application was also rejected by the commission for combined graduate level exam(prelms)2008. On the eve of intensive enquery , the commission(sr) show me a letter from a higher officer of the commission stating that "railways have seperate budget, seperate recruitment board so that no age relaxation is to be given to any railway employees" . In fact the reason they are telling is absolutely absurd which is not based on any govt order or gazzate. Even though i argued this they refused to issue me the admission letter. Now i have applied letter seeking information by RTA 2005 regards to my rejection, and waiting to get the letter in writtrn form.
    Have any of you read or quoted the The Indian Railway Act, 1890? Just why do they require the the Govt. of India to appoint the Chairman, Vice-Chairman and other for the Railways Claims Tribunal? The only way to tackle this is to first find out how each were constituted, whether there were any provision within the Act which supports the claim made by Staff Selection Commission etc.

I tried to check out the various sites. No result. The SSC site has very minimal info. Even the site of the Railway Recruitment Control Board hardly has any information.

Railway Recruitment Control Board

Best option available, before one approachs court, is to file an RTI Applications with SSC, Railway Board as well as the DoP&T on the validity of such orders.

Lage Raho

Manoj

Re: Cancellation of Canditure after recommended for appointment

Hello manoj,
    i have applied through RTI, got letter from SSC (SR), stating the same information that "railway employees are not central government employees" and the letter constitute some absure arguement regarding to railways without any government reference letter and it seems based on assumption.
    so i filed a shuite in central administrative tribunal (CAT), madras bench seeking interim order to write examination. I got permission and wrote the combined graduate level examination. Now the case is in the high court bench waiting for further hearing.
    Further , i produced a copy of letter i got through RTI , to my company(integral coach factory), one of the production unit of Indian railways seeking coments from personal department. And a copy of letter was given to members of our regocnised trade unions to highlight the issue to higher officer.
    As expected , heads of our department (CME,CPO) expressed shock and surprised over the comment of the commission " railway employees are not central government employees" and gave assurance to our union members to assist me in my coart cases. They also assured to issue a letter to court about the clacification of government employees as per govenment gazatte and how the employees of railways become central government employees. The matter is being highlighted enough to produce sufficient moral support from out department.
    We will definitely win the case in high coart because the nature argument put forth by the commission is not based on any government order. Evenif i failed to win the case the matter will be highlighted by media and televission about the coart judgement.
    If we are succeed to highlihg the matter to our Honeble Railway minister "LALUJI" , The matter will be closed once for all. He is the man who can do this work so faster than anyone else in the world.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android