Topic Identifier

Thread: appeal against reply rcd from state pioand thahisaldar

appeal against reply rcd from state pioand thahisaldar

i have requested information under RTI to SPIO and Tahasildar Karunagappally, Kollam ,kerala on the decision of taluk surveyor on a petition ( boundary of plot)dated july 2000. i specified the file no of the notice issued inthis connection .HE did not provide me the info. stating that related file is not available. What is the remedy i have?.can anyone advise?

DR.BALAN

2. Re: appeal against reply rcd from state pioand thahisaldar

Please see following threads

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/340-re...traceable.html

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3417-f...traceable.html

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: appeal against reply rcd from state pioand thahisaldar

Dear Mr.Balan Pillai,

After reading the citation quotted above, Please come out with little more details of the case. There are learned members is this forum who will only be too happy to assist you to sort out the issue You must remember the peculiar cituation in your state where nothing could be done to the surveyors/Village Officers/Thasildars despite clearly expossing their corruption by no one less than the Chief Minister. All of us are anxiously waiting for the Ordnance amending the Kerala Land Conservency Act 1957.

i applied to spio and tahisaldar karunagappally on the details of the findings in respect of a survey measurment carried out by the taluk surveyor relating to an application for fixing the boundaryof a plot.date was july2000.i quoted the notice i recd inthis connection for ready ref.
    PIO replied just that the file cited is not available hence not able to provide the requested info.

i wish to thank col kurup for the interest taken
    DrVBPILLAI(balan)

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Mere issue of notice for survey issued by the Taluk Surveyor does not confirm that he has carried out the survey. Do you find anything disagreement with the existing survey boundaries on ground

In case you are doubtful about the correct positions of the boundry, you may apply to the Tahsildar in Form No.10 under Section 43 of the Kerala Survey and Boundaries Rules 1964 for pointing out boundaries of registered land already surveyed and demarcated. How efficiently they will do it or how corrupt they are and intrests of other parties in surveying or not survying are variabls prevelent in your Taluk.

If everything is straight, based on your appliction with remittnce of prescribed fees the Tahsildar will issue orders to Taluk Surveyor who will issue fresh notice to you and all the sarrounding land owners for survey of your land at a particular date. Rest of the things are as per the corrupt practice if any prevelent there.

It is futile to go after RTI act for this at this stage unless there is something more.
    Last edited by Shrawan; 03-05-08 at 06:09 PM.

Yes ; The issue is the curruption prevelent.One finds it immposible to surrmount.RTI becomes ineffective in such situations. Officials find ways to dodge in convenient information seeker.
    Thanks for the response
    balan

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android