Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: denial

1. denial

Any information easily accesible from any office with the help of RTI for common man but if person belongs to same office then he is denied.Reason RTI is intended to benefit general citizenary and information given to you will not serve larger public interest.

Re: denial

Hi ambrish,

Its true that you are denied on information within the same office. Even if you opt for another person to file an RTI, it would be embarassing for you to deal with; Even if you are not embarassed,, the top-brass would feel embarassed to reveal the truth.

The best way is to do some investigation yourself! Law enforcement is still a big question mark.

Good luck

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Please request the PIO who denied you information because you are working in the same office (irrespective whether grievance or service matter) to visit CIC and read the decisions.

I have read 100% of the CIC decisions since July 2007 and nearly 65-70% of the decisions of CIC before that date (I am still in the process of completing the exercise, as and when time permits).

I have not counted, but with some confidence, I can tell you that more than 60 % cases relate to Grievances or Service matters within the same office. Either by serving employees or retired employees.

A Government Servant is also a "Citizen" and has the same rights to ask for information under RTI.

Please quote to him this latest decision of CIC:

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/MA-22042008-04.pdf
    Last edited by karira; 27-04-08 at 08:52 PM. Reason: adding cic order link
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Please also show your PIO, another latest decision of CIC:

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/MA-21042008-05.pdf

5. thanks a lot it ll be great help.

I have read both decisions but are not relevent for my case. kindly provide some details which may fit in my case.
    Last edited by Shrawan; 01-05-08 at 01:54 PM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Can you please post details of your case and the PIO's reply.

The two citations given were just to show that grievance and service related matters are also under purview of RTI Act.

7. Re: denial

In that inforamtion sought was leave records of an officer(who many leaves he has taken between this to this period, was he on duty on this date and from when this officer is holding an additional charge.
    Reply:as you are also an officer and it is not expected from you to ask for such records.This information is easily accesible for general citizenary but cannt be given to you.Rti is meant to serve general citizenary. Information provided to you ll not serve larger public interest so no logic for asking the same.If such request would be entertained that would be on cost of genuine rightful citizenary.
    Person who requested for information is also an indian citizen

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

ambrish,

Leave records can be disclosed if you can justify larger public interest. Instead of leave records , you can easily get Attendance records (which might also serve your purpose).

The PIO seems to have taken on the role of the Pope and is pontificating !

Like the applicant is not supposed to ask for explanations and advises in a RTI Application, similarly the PIO is not supposed to offer Opinion and Advice in his reply or try to give "gyan". He is either supposed to dispose off the application for information as per Sec 7 of the RTI Act OR deny it under Sec 8 or 9.

Is the time limit for First Appeal over ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android