Thread: road tax exemption for handicapped

road tax exemption for handicapped

Handicapped person can claim road tax exemption on automatic vehicles without any hassle. the moment the vehicle is modified by a third person i.e. not the manufacturer than it requires prior permission, wherein it has to be sanctioned from Delhi. So friends if you are looking for road tax exemption than go only for automatic transmission vehicle if it suits you, which I have done

Re: road tax exemption for handicapped

can i have GO FOR ROADTAX EXEMPTION IN TAMILNADU?

3. Re: road tax exemption for handicapped

what is the procedure to get road tax excemption and who will get it.. means disability type

4. Re: road tax exemption for handicapped

I was not aware of this option and i paid road tax for my Activa, is there option to get it refunded, if yes please help me how to do that and is the whole amount will be refunded?

5. Re: road tax exemption for handicapped

Dear Member

U can file RTI application with PIO of RTO for these details.RTI application will be as per state RTI rules. RTI Rules are available here RTI Guide.

HOW TO LOCATE A PIO UNDER RTI ACT 2005 - RTI Guide

Please also check/search the website of concerned RTO.

regards

6. Re: road tax exemption for handicapped

Quote Originally Posted by shekarmudaliar View Post
    Handicapped person can claim road tax exemption on automatic vehicles without any hassle. the moment the vehicle is modified by a third person i.e. not the manufacturer than it requires prior permission, wherein it has to be sanctioned from Delhi. So friends if you are looking for road tax exemption than go only for automatic transmission vehicle if it suits you, which I have done
    I booked my AMT car from Maruti Celerio and I am physically disabled person with 70% disability. I would like to avail road tax exemption of my car. My left leg is affected by Polio and I can drive the amt vehicle without any modification of the car. But RTO is not providing anytax exemption to me. Kindly do you have any government order while will enable me to get the road tax exemption.
    I am from Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu.

7. Re: road tax exemption for handicapped

File RTI Application to State Public Information Officer, Ministry of Transport and seek information as follows:
    Information solicited:
    1.Please provide me a copy of circular/order/notification that states the procedure for exemption of Road Tax for disabled owned vehicles.
    Search for website for locating PIO, format of application, and mode of remitting Rs.10/- RTI fees.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android