Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello friends, this another passport woe

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Hello friends, this another passport woe

sajeev,

It is a basic "attitude" problem. Most officers will feel that a RTI Application is either to "expose corruption" or to "expose lethargic working".

I am surprised that you had to go through such a effort to file a RTI Application. Probably reflects the general attitude by Government Servants in Kolkata. There have been many complaints, not only about Public Authorities in West Bengal, but also about the working of the State Information Commission.

Based on your further clarifications, if you have someone staying at the place in Kerala (the address where your PP form has been sent) you can file a RTI Application to the Assistant Commissioner of Police under which the Police Station falls. OR, you can wait for 30 days to get the RPO Kolkata reply and then file a RTI Application.

can we have a standard benchmark questionaire on passport issues based on Karira's superb guidance posts earlier and Sanjeev's modification above.
    Thanks.

Name:
    Sajeev
    Blog Entries

Thanks Karira, Instead of waiting for another 30 days for the passport officers to act I think I will go ahead with an RTI application to the police in Kerala. My birthplace is in Ernakulam district. Should I address my application to the Asst. Commissioner of that district?
    Can I send the application by registered post or courier? Though my parents are living there, they are pretty old, and I don't want them to go through the ordeal of going through the police station, especially if they have to face problems like I had to face in the passport office in Kolkata. So if posting is enough I shall do that. Will that be equally efficient?
    With warm regards, Sajeev.
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 09-05-08 at 10:47 PM.

4. Re: Hello friends, this another passport woe

In Kolkatta also, you should have sent RTI application by speed post AD addressed to PIO, Passport office with IPO of Rs10/-. For Kerala, you can file application by post addressed to PIO of Dist. Superientendent of Police, ERNAKULAM. Pl. visit Kerala govt website to get format if prescribed and amount and mode of payment of filing fee. If no format is prescribed, you can use format you used for Passport office. Passport office falls under central govt. while police dept falls under state and hence state format, amount and mode of payment will have to be followed. My experience shows that applications sent by speed/regd. post Ad are well taken care of and applicant saves time, humiliation, and travelling cost etc.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Sajeev
    Blog Entries

Thanks jps, that is a lot of useful information. I shall follow your advice.
    Sajeev.

Name:
    Sajeev
    Blog Entries

I checked the website of Kerala government. Though they have a lot of information on RTI, no format is given for the application. The fee is the same (RS 10 plus Rs 2 for each page of the information). It has to be paid by 'TR5'. Any idea what this TR5 means?
    There is no clear information about who the PIO for the home/police department. For the lower levels (local police station onwards), it is the CI. I think I will proceed as you suggested. What is TR5? Will IPO be enough?
    Sajeev.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Dear Sajeev,
    TR5 is remittance by cash directly to the office. This won't suit you. You can get the RTI Rules on Kerala in the site "sic.infokerala. Money can be remitted by various menas here; but nothing will suit you other than "By demand draft/banker's cheque /pay order payable to the SPIO.There is a Form No.3 given therein; but it isnot essential solong as your application contain all the informations like your address etc etc. You may address the application to the " State Public Information Officer, The Superintendent of Police, Ernakulam as suggested by Mr.Karira.. In case you need any other information on this kindly contact me.

Name:
    Sajeev
    Blog Entries

Thanks Colonel. But I could not access the webpage you suggested (nic.infokerala). Could you give the complete web address of the site? If there is a format for applying, it will surely be helpful. Thanks once again.
    Sajeev.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android