Sorry Sajeev. It is not possible to sent the address through forum posting. I had tried; but it does not go correctly. I had sent it to you by a private message. Hope you got it correctly.Please confirm that you got access
Thanks very much Colonel. I accessed the web and it gives a lot of information. I shall proceed with the application. I shall keep you informed of the progress.
Thanks once again.
Here I have prepared an application under RTI to Kerala Police. It is adapted from my earlier application to RPO. I am attaching it as a Word document. Please go through and see if it is OK.
Thanks for all the help and direction.
Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 11-05-08 at 12:31 PM.
It will be better if you can get the despatch details or Registration particulars under which your case was sent to Kerala by the Calcutta Pass port authorities.. In case you have those particulars, you may include that also. In case you don't have it, be prepared to reply any querry on those lines from SP, Ernakulam.
In fact I don't have any documents or any more information from the passport office. They showed me on their computer screen that my application has gone for verification to Kerala on Feb 18. For any more information, I suppose I will have to wait until the passport office replies to my RTI petition. I could not get any more information from the office because they were quite unfriendly there and looked at me like a threat to their peace. Anyway by the time any enquiris come from SP, Kerala, I hope I would have the details.
Dear Col Kurup and others
As you might remember, I had submitted two petitions under RTI: one at the RPO, Kolkata and the other at SP, Kochi, Kerala. Now I have got responses from both the parties. RPO has answered all the querries in detail, but has put the blame on Kerala Police for the delay in the process of my passport application. The SP from Kochi has written that they have forwarded my application to the Rural SP who is supposed to handle it, and have asked me to let them know if the Rural SP does not respond within May 30. But I got this letter only a couple of days ago. I have not received any information from the Rural SP, neither have they taken any action, as nobody has approached my parents in Kerala of any information or verification. Now I have prepared a second letter to the SP, Kochi, telling them of this situation, and also indicating that if I don't receive a proper response before June 30, I would approach the CIC. You think this is the right move?
No. Defenitely not the right way to reply. If you think that the SP (Rural) is bothered about CIC, you are sadly mistaken. You would not have written that way. A more polite letter would have served your purpose. A threat like the one you have made only can persuade him to wait and see what the CIC can do to him ? Normally no one antogonise the Police who does the field verification. He is at liberty to probe as to who are the enemies of your family and get the required data from them to give an unsatisfactory verification report. Why invite such trouble unnecessarily ?