Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hello friends, this another passport woe

Thanks indeed Colonel. Thankfully I have not sent that letter. Infact it is quite polite except the last line which says that if I don't get a proper response within the stipulated time I may have to complain to the CIC. I think I shall remove that line.
    I have a small question though. Why do you say that the SP won't be bothered about the CIC? Isn't he bound to give proper answers to my querries within the stipulated time? And if he fails in this duty, won't he be pulled up by the CIC?
    In fact one of the responses that I got from RTI-India was that if I mention that I plan to proceed with RTI, the officers would take action faster. I thought there was some logic in it. Isn't this why we say that RTI has empowered the common people?
    I have no intention to antagonise the police. But the fact is that my file has gone to them just for birth of place verification on Feb 18 and they are still sitting on it not even bothering to contact my family there. The RPO has clearly said that it is just birth of place verification, not about making list of enemies etc. On what basis can they delay answering me any further?
    What should I do after sending this letter to the SP? He has mentioned that he got my application on May 12. The one month stipulated time for answer is over. How long should I wait before taking the next step?
    Thanks again for your suggestion. I shall let you know what happens next.
    Sajeev.

› Find content similar to: Hello friends, this another passport woe

I'm becoming bold

Name:
    Sajeev
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Col Kurup and others
    I had filed an RTI application to the ACP at Kochi enquiring about the status of my birth place verification as required by the RPO, Kolkata. He sent me a letter stating that the application was forwarded to the ACP Special Branch, directing him to reply to me, but also asking me to inform him if I did not receive any response from the ACP Special Branch by 30 May. I in fact waited till 19 June and send another letter to the ACP informing him that I had not received any reply from the Special Branch, asking him to take further actions. I have not received any further reply. I think I have waited for too long and should move ahead with the next step. Otherwise i may never get my passport. So I want to go for the appeal. But I can not find out who is the appellant authority. Could you help me to find out in whose name I should file the first appeal? I saw a model of the appeal in the RTI India website. Are there any formalities I need to follow? Please enlighten me.
    Thankfully, Sajeev.
    I'm becoming bold

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Please make the appeal to the "Superintendent of Police and Appellate Authority" of the Disrict.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234