Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IsPenalty of RS 250 per day per RTI Application or per PIO ?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: IsPenalty of RS 250 per day per RTI Application or per PIO ?

Quote Originally Posted by colnrkurup View Post
    What we were discussing is hypothetical case.. With the type of orders we are getting from the CIC and SICs, it is futile to waste time on this issue. None of our commissions have the guts to award punishments to 6 PIOs @ Rs.25000 each even if we file 6 Second appeals. Why waste effort to file 6 second appeals ? One first appeal impleading 6 PIOs followed by one second appeal if necessitate is more than enough. In any case never expect a penalty of 6 x 25000. Our Commissions are quite capable to ordering anything, My concept is that one first/second appeal per case. Total penalty cannot exceed Rs,25000 per case.
    Really, at least the procedure for Second Appeal with CIC is exhausting, time consuming and costly. I have just finished preparing my 3 Second appeals for CIC for the First Time ever. Total time was about 8 hours, 278 pages (all three and 5 copies each), 476 rupees, not counting petrol expenses and time.

Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

If you feel it dificult to file a second appeal to CiC, what will be the fate of less fortunate section of WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA?. I refuse TO file any fresh second appeal to CIC till he withraw his unlawful Management Regulation 2007

I bet ,the penality in totality will not be more than Rs.25000/-,more like Rs 500/-,if at all awarded.
    But fight you must.

And I still think,Sec6(3) is relevant and I quote for ready ref."the public authority,to which such application is made,shall transfer the application OR SUCH PART OF IT as may be appropriate to that other public authority and inform the applicant immediately about such transfer"And that is what more or less happened in this case.
    Last edited by Shrawan; 02-05-08 at 01:05 AM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

It seems that it is penalty per RTI Application. Penalty has to be shared by all.

Please see:

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/WB-07052008-01.pdf

Under the circumstances SDM Hauz Khas and Tehsildar Hauz Khas, both
    having had the opportunity to be heard by us, are jointly liable for a penalty of Rs.
    25,000/-, with Rs 10,000/- being payable by SDM and the balance of Rs.
    15,000/- by Shri Saini, Tehsildar, Hauz Khas.

All seven in this case become respondents in one single appeal ,and penality will have to be prayed for all,its a different matter that CIC in keeping with above orders may impose a maximum collective penality not exceeding Rs25000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android