Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what if the organization doesnot bother to reply of RTI application

what if the organization doesnot bother to reply of RTI application

I have filled a RTI application to a Govt college and the college has still not replied for the same. how long should i wait for the reply and if they don't reply at all what should be the my next course of action

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: what if the organization doesnot bother to reply of RTI application

Nilesh,

If you applied directly to the PIO, he has 30 days to reply to you.
    Add another 5 days if the application was submitted to a APIO or was transferred by one PIO to another.
    Please give some time (another 5 days or so) for postal delays also.

If still no reply, you need to make a First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority. This has to be made within 30 days of getting the reply or when the reply was due.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply
    few more questions which come to my mind are
    1. how do i know whether my application is in correct format or not
    2. If i don't want to disclose my identitiy to the authorities what should i do?
    3. You mentioned "First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority" . Who is this person, where should i look for this person
    thanks a lot

Please see the FAQ Section of this Forum for answeres to your Queries.

I am just giving brief answer below.

> 1. how do i know whether my application is in correct format or not.
    For all Public Authorities under the Central Govt there is no fixed form or format. You have to apply in plain paper giving your contact details, fees details and your queries etc. etc. This also applies to many state Govts.
    But some states like Orissa they have a specific form through which you have to apply for information.
    You will find some discussion on the above in this thread.
    > 2. If i don't want to disclose my identitiy to the authorities what should i do?
    This is a tricky question.
    Anonymous or pseudonymous submission of RTI Application is not allowed. So you have to take help someone to seek information on your behalf.
    > 3. You mentioned "First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority" . Who is this person, where should i look for this person
    The First Appellate Authority comes into picture when you fail to get information from the PIO. They are senior in rank and position to the PIO. They can either overrule the actions of the PIO or they may agree with the PIO's decision.
    Sidharth

5. Re: what if the organization doesnot bother to reply of RTI application

For address of first appellate authority [FAA], visit state govt.site or site of state education dept. In case you are not able to locate correct FAA for govt. college, send appeal to CHIEF SECRETARY of Education Dept of state govt. with a request to forward the same to correct FAA. I could do so successfully in Gujarat very easily. From state govt site find out if proforma or fee is prescribed for first appeal. If no proforma/fee is prescribed in state rules, you may use format and guidelines of first appeal available on my blog.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

6. Re: what if the organization doesnot bother to reply of RTI application

For FAA details visit http://lites.rajasthan.gov.in/rti-in...r_database.pdf, if your college is in Rajasthan.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

what if the appellate authority too does not bother to reply ? whom should one appeal to next?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by handaa66 View Post
    what if the appellate authority too does not bother to reply ? whom should one appeal to next?
    File a second appeal with the CIC or SIC - depending on which government does the public authority belong to.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android