Thread: Where to apply for 1st Appeal when you don't know FAA

Name:
    Tara Shankar
    Blog Entries

Where to apply for 1st Appeal when you don't know FAA

I have filed a RTI application as PIO C/O CDMO .........District when in fact I donot nkow who the PIO is.The PIO did not respond at all though I have postal acknowledgement received from him.I donot know the FAA to address.
    What to do?Whether to file a complaint to SIC U/S 18 or file first appeal with address as FAA C/O CDMO .........Disrtict.Kindly advise

Re: Where to apply for 1st Appeal when you don't know FAA

Hello TSBehera,

This is one of the most common issues faced by info seekers. You can try any one of the following.
    1. Try to route the RTI Application through another PIO {u/s 6(3)} preferably the Dist. Collector or if possible through the State Information Commission/CMO etc. It works most of the time.
    2. Lodge a complain with the SIC {u/s 18}.
      Extremely time consuming process due to long pendency with the SIC.
    3. Regarding First Appeal, it's better if you save the money (Rs. 20/-), Efforts & Time for now, you will need them at the time of actual fight with the PIO.
    Our fellow members may also suggest other options to your issue.

Regards

Sidharth

3. Re: Where to apply for 1st Appeal when you don't know FAA

I suggest that you address and mail first appeal as : FIRST APPELLATE AUTHORITY UNDER RTI C/O.Designation of head of the public authority and his address. In case if the envelope is not accepted or delivered, you may send the unopened envelope to CIC/SIC with a request to get it delivered to correct FAA. You can also mail first appeal addressed as above c/o.PIO whose inaction is appealed against. Try email of the pa for efiling if possible.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android