Thread: Non Payment From Govt. Board

Non Payment From Govt. Board

i HAD SOUGHT INFORMATION FROM CHENNAI METROWATER BOARD(GOVT. OF TAMILNADU) REGARDING THE PAYMENT THEY ARE HOLDING BACK FOR YEARS. I GOT A REPLY STATING THAT THE CONTRACT ENTERED BY THE BOARD IS ERRANEOUS AND I AM NOT ENTITLED FOR PAYMENT.

I HAD NOT SUBMITTED MY FIRST APPEAL IN 30 DAYS
    I HAD SENT A REPRESENTATION TO THE STATE RIGHT TO INFORMATION OFFICER. I AM YET TO GET A REPLY. IT IS OVER TWO MONTHS NOW.

HOW DO I GET JUSTICE?

2. Re: Non Payment From Govt. Board

I think if you are satisfied with the info given, then U have to move courts with the details obtained through RTI. RTI will not solve the problem, it will enable U to get required info/papers, which in turn will enable you to seek justice through court or through higher offices of the dept. If U are not satisfied with the info received by you, you may still file first appeal, though 30 days time is over which can be condoned. State ICs all over India are saddled with huge pendency and hence we have to wait for longer period. The act does not specify time limit for CIC/SCICs.

3. Re: Non Payment From Govt. Board

Why don't u further ask to PIO under RTI.
    e.g name of the officer who are responsible for errorneous and what departmental action has been taken against them. And get all the information related work.

I might be wrong, but I have perosnally seen when ever we target any officer, the information or work automatically get done.
    Last edited by nile0611; 04-05-08 at 06:57 PM. Reason: justificaion

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android