Thread: filing of RTI application with Orissa High Court

Name:
    Tara Shankar
    Blog Entries

filing of RTI application with Orissa High Court

Can we ask status of case lodged?Delay etc?Further can we ask certified copies of documents?When case is pending?Yes as a party to the case.Moreover can we ask the document in digital form i.e scanned copies of documents in a floppy or CD?This is required to examine signatures etc for detection of forgery after enlarging and viewing from all angles and before asking the court that the documents are forged and be sent to CFSL for forgery detection.Certified copies are given bythe court coping manually instead of xeroxing as the documents very old are difficult to xerox.No hand writing expertgives opinion on xerox copies!They have asked digitalised copies or originals from court

I was going through the portal of Orissa High Court.The application form for RTI petition primarily incorporates Judgements i.e only past judgements no other documents?

What about other High Courts and Supreme Court?

Since things are of judicial nature I decline to resort RTI tools unless fully convinced that my RTI petition is as per rules and law and correct.

Kindly advise

Re: filing of RTI application with Orissa High Court

1.You have to be a party to the case in order to proceed with your requirements.
    2. documents can be inspected and certified copies of documents obtained simply by filling an Inspection Form,I think it costs Rs 5/- only.,and is available in high court designated inspection room/sections. Any lawyer or any clerk in the court will guide you on that.
    3.It takes about two weeks to get certified copies at a very nominal rate,and delivery can be hastened in an emergency to about a week by paying officially laid down extra amount.
    4. Not confident but to my knowledge documents in Digital form are not yet available,only hard xerox copies.

As for as likely date for hearing your case,cause lists are available only one day in advance.Of course you can know approximate time your case will take to come up for hearing , depending upon presently running case data,dates admitted and date heard are available for anyone to see.

As for use of RTI,I have no comments.You got to decide for yourself as to what results you are going to get based purely on logic and not fear of courts.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android