Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Assistance in the case.

  1. Assistance in the case.

    I was charge sheeted and inquiry officer was appointed in my case. On his findings I have been given punishment and later on under the RTI Act I got the attested photocopies of the notings appointing Inquiry Officer in my case. In the notings, I found that the Inquiry Officer in my case was not appointed as per the specific Govt.Instructions and the name of the Inquiry Officer was picked up. I have made a representation against the findings of the Inquiry Officer and consequent Punishment by the competent authority on the findings of the Inquiry Officer stating that these are illegal and be set aside. Can I do this act using the Information received under the RTI Act? Because as per the govt. instructions the Inquiry Officer's appointment is illegal. What other action I can take to get my punishment set aside being illegal?

    Last edited by pawansharma; 04-05-08 at 05:42 PM.

  2. #2

    Re: Assistance in the case.

    Dear Pawan,welcome to RTIIndia community.Please go through Forum Rules,FAQ section and RTI Guide,to start with.Thanks.
    As for you query,you can certainly use certified photocopies of the notings obtained under RTI as evidence in court of law.


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android