How one can know what requisite fees is to be deposited
When one applies for Information As per RTI act 2005. A fees is to be deposited. how the amount of fees can be ascertained. suppose fees is not deposited and in the application it is mentioned that " kindly inform me thea mount and mode of payment"
1. whether the application can be rejected
2. How to receive areceipt of the application if sent be post.
3. How we can ask query through e mails or electronically.
Waiting for the reply.
Re: How one can know what requisite fees is to be deposited
1. In case you send a application without the proper fees, no fees at all, or the incorrect mode of payment, the PIO cannot reject or send the application back to you. He should inform you the correct amount of fees or the correct mode of payment and simultaneously he should start the process of collecting the information. As soon as the proper fees are received or within 30 days of receiving the RTI Application, he should provide you the information, provided the proper fees have been remitted within the 30 day period.
Originally Posted by hkdubey
Sec 7(1) says:
"...............section 6 shall, as expeditiously as possible, and in any case within thirty days of the receipt of the request, either provide the information on payment of such fee as may be prescribed or reject the request for any of................."
Please also see the following threads:
2. Please try to send the RTI Application by Registered Post AD, so that the AD card acts as a proof of receipt (after it is returned to you).
For Central Public Authorities, you can also submit your RTI Application to CAPIO's at designated Post Offices against proper receipt and payment of fees by cash.
Please see the following post and thread:
3. You can make a RTI Application by email but before that consider some issues like, how will you pay the application fee electronically, how will you get the email id of the PIO, will that PIO open the email id regularly , etc. It is still early days for RTI, so better to avoid RTI Applications by email.
Please see the following threads: