Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Proving to be a citizen

Hello friends
    I am fairly new to this site, reaching here accidently, but I've been helped very much by friends here in pursuing a passport. So let me open another woe with you. This is about my efforts to find a place in the voters' list.
    I was born in 1970 in Kerala and lived there till 1994. My name was in the voters' list and I voted thrice (but there was no id card those days). Then I left Kerala and was moving in different parts of India. In the meantime my name was removed from the voters' list in Kerala.
    For the last three years, I have been living in Kolkala. I have applied to the voters' list several times, but after coming to this place I have applied already twice. The receipts are with me dated 21-1-2007 and 3-12.2007. But I never managed to make it to the list. The documents I furnished were copy of my class X certificate (age proof) and a letter from my house owner and company chief (residence proof). I could not furnish any other residence proof because I don't have a ration card here (I have tried to transfer one from Kerala, but that is another long unsuccessful story), and the local coucillor would not give me a residence letter because I don't have any other documents(!). But inthe applications I had made it clear that I am a born citizen of India nad my parents are still living in my birthplace and I even quoted their id numbers. All to no avail.
    Now I don't know if I should apply for this again. My countless visits to the CEC of our district proved futile as they I could not convince the officer when he came for verification. Well, I surely did not pay any bribe and did not approach any party leader.
    Is there any way I can approach this issue through RTI and see what I can do to get into the voters list and get an id? I searched for some similar issues in this site, but could not find any. I will be grateful if somebody could help.
    Sajeev.

› Find content similar to: Proving to be a citizen

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Proving to be a citizen

Hi Sanjeev,procedurely you should do following ,if shifted from another state having been issued voter's card in that state(Kerala in your case):-

1. Fill up Form 7 to delete yourself from old constituency.Obtain a Deletion Certificate from old constituency and file along with new Form 6 in new constituency.
    2. Documents for voter's card along with Form 6 : Address proof,eg; property tax receipt,water bill,electricity bill,telephone bill,LPG cooking gas bill,bank a/c statement,residence rental/lease agreement,pension card, passport ,showing your name and present address . Identity card with photo: driving licence/passport.

As to where to give all these documents ,you know it well,having done that earlier.

If still ,You are not issued voter's card then RTI route is always available,we have some of the best and most helpful RTI experts available.

Name:
    Sajeev
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks very much indeed for the information. Now, my problem is that I left Kerala in 94 and my name was removed from the voters list almost immediately and I never had a voters id card. So if I apply for a deletion certificate, will I get it now? Is this deletion certificate necessary when I apply from here?
    Thanks once again.
    Sajeev.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For the time being forget about Deletion certificate and dont mention about your name in any list,1994 is long time back.Please apply afresh with correct documents once again.Find out the name and address of CPIO/PIO of that organisation when you visit that office for submitting application ,and you can drop a hint about RTI and your last applications and receipts . In the meantime my colleagues in RTIIndia community,who are expert in RTI matters will readily offer you a winning sol.
    Good luck.

Name:
    Sajeev
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you very much. I shall do that. I shall let you know of the results. Sajeev.