Thread: can CPIO regrert ???

can CPIO regrert ???

dear sirs . i got a very interesting a strange responce from CPIO.I asked for a copy of a circular issued by circle office to all its divisional offices.CPIO replied saying the circular was containing so and so information "BUT I REGRET " Copy is not available in this office.Although he said what that circular contained but since he failed to give copy can i conclude that information is denied? Plz guid me. can i go for appeal for denail of information ?

LAGE RAHO RTI KE SAATH

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: can CPIO regrert ???

If you clearly asked for "copy of circular" in your RTI Application, then the reply "copy not available" can be construed as a denial of information. If copy was not available in that office, the PIO should have invoked Sec 5(4) or Sec 6(3) to either seek a copy from some other office under the same PA or transfer your application to another PA where the circular was available.

How old was the circular ?

If it is very old, then probably you will have to look at the record destruction schedule of the Public Authority and see if they have destroyed the records.

most respected sir . the circular is a very recent one . in fact it was issued by the circle office and CPIO happens to sit in that very office but under a different post.( His general duty is administratioon and he also works as CPIO). Copies are circulated to all divisions working under that circle . i think getting one copy from its own files was possible. most probably , orders of the circular may have been violated by CPIO himself so he was avoiding ? I had very clearly asked for the certified copy of the circulr
    LAGE RAHO RTI KE SAATH

sir CPIO is not deniying but regretting . Can it be construed as denail?
    LAGE RAHO RTI KE SAATH

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

"Denial" or "Deemed Denial" is one and the same as far as RTI Act is concerned.

Go for First Appeal and specifically mention Sec 19(5) under grounds for appeal. Let the PIO defend himself and the AA decide as to who has to regret.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android