Thread: How to use RTI to know about IT return?

Name:
    Vinay Mishra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How to use RTI to know about IT return?

Hi,

I have not yet received IT return amount for the financial year ending on Mar-2007. Can I use to RTI to know when IT department will send me the amount?

Thanks,
    Vinay

› Find content similar to: How to use RTI to know about IT return?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How to use RTI to know about IT return?

I think before filing a application under RTI Act-2005 you should write a request letter to the officer concerned with your ward / range etc informing/requesting him for the refund .Please make sure that almost 98% refunds are delayed due to the fault of assesse because they did not furnish complete bank details for the refund. Now the government has made account number/details of assesse mandatory for the refund.Provide your complete details in your request letter.

In case you did't receive any reply from the concerned officer with in statutory period only then it is advisable to file an application under RTI Act-2005.
    Last edited by shakti; 06-05-08 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Vinay,
    Apart from what Shakti told, you might also like to visit the tags associated with this thread like 'income tax', 'refund' e.t.c.

Name:
    Vinay Mishra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks to all of you for the advice.

~Vinay