Thread: Electoral Reforms

1. Electoral Reforms

I intend to put forth my suggestion towards Electoral reform for kind consideration.
    1) Why the option "None of the above" candidate is provided?
    The suggestion is because of nomination of candidate by self/party or select group of people not by choice of mass till he is elected. Then HOW AN ELECTION BE TERMED FAIR AND NEUTRAL TILL THE OPTION OF REJECTION also is provided.

2) Why the profile of the candidate is not displayed (in local, national and english language) at Polling booths & other places with Name, Photograph, Constituency,qualification, major 5 works done (self contribution not as office holder), his new agenda and criminal record to help throng to make a correct decision by voter?
    3) Why the annual return of the works promised is not forced for submission for scrutiny or disqualification with a probation period of one year of being elected.

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
    <!--[endif]-->

Re: Electoral Reforms

Hello and welcome to the RTIIndia community.
    This section is for a new member to introduce himself/herself and exchange pleasentry with the community.

Also this site ( RTIIndia ) is EXCLUSIVELY for RTI related issues ONLY . For any other query please visit: https://www.bighelpers.org .
    Thank you .
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 06-05-08 at 10:28 PM.

3. Re: Electoral Reforms

I presume, some point down the line RTI need to play a role in this issue. I am inclined to continue this discussion to wait and watch how can we effectively use the RTI.

I am transferring this thread to 'chit-chat' as of now.

4. I had tried to forward my views on the subject matter to the Election commission id and to the head of the Political Party also. We have to bring transparency in the subject issue as the deserving candidates are not coming forward due to Criminalization of politics. Further politics has nothing to do as a social cause now a days and people are just running it as stock market or business.

I have tried to put forth my views to RTI as we are never been given a chance to say NO to the candidates who are nominated or contesting elections on their own. In a democracy if the % of rejections are not considered for the candidates in fray u are not getting a fair chance to select the right person to represent you. Its a matter of great concern as we are being forced to elect among those who are either not capable or who are only contesting elections for theri personal agenda only. I feel time has come that we should have a transparent elections and under RTI we should raise our voice why we dont have a option to reject the candidates standing/contesting elections.

I apologize for directly putting a topic for discussion. I am K N Bhat working with a Public Sector and now putting forth my views as a citizen of this great country
    on individual capacity.

Kind Regards to everbody

K N Bhat

Quote Originally Posted by opsharma View Post
    Hello and welcome to the RTIIndia community.
    This section is for a new member to introduce himself/herself and exchange pleasentry with the community.

Also this site ( RTIIndia ) is EXCLUSIVELY for RTI related issues ONLY . For any other query please visit: https://www.bighelpers.org .
    Thank you .
    Last edited by Shrawan; 07-05-08 at 01:53 PM.

Bhat,this topic is undoubtedly not one of , BUT THE MOST important issue in every right thinking Indian's mind. Like Kushal said ,its bound to come up for serious discussions and RTI intervention at some date in not too distance ;even though today there is tremendous resistance . please ,it is a pleasure to share thoughts with you. Feel free to share RTI related problems,cases,success stories at this forum and do encourage others also to use this RTI platform to interact wih our large community.
    In the meantime , suggest please go through Forum Rules,FAQ section and RTI Guide.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

nagraj,

This thread will be of interest to you:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3804-c...n-speaker.html

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android