Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

railway had refused rti stating mode of payment............

i had filed RTI to western railway .
    I had made the payment through IPO IN FOVOUR OF (ACCOUNT OFFICER, WESTERN RAILWAY).

I HAD RECEIVED repley stating the IPO SHOULD BE IN THE NAME OF (CHIEF CASHIER,WESTERN RAILWAY,CHURCHGATE,MUMBAI,400020).
    BUT DOPT CIRCULAR DATED 23MARCH 2007 CLEARLY MENTIONS the IPO CAN BE MADE IN THE FOVOUR OF ACCOUNT OFFICER OF THAT PUBLIC AUTHORITY.
    WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW.
    SHOULD I MADE TO KNOW THIS CIRCULAR TO PIO .
    OR I SHOULD GO TO FIRST APPEAL,WHICH I THINK MORE APPROPRIATE.
    OR I SEND IPO INTHE FAVOUR OF CHIEF CASHIER,WESTERN RAILWAY,CHURCHGATE,MUMBAI,400020).
    PLEASE HELP.
    URGENT.

› Find content similar to: railway had refused rti stating mode of payment............

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: railway had refused rti stating mode of payment............

drjeme,

First Appeal.
    The grounds will be non acceptance of valid mode of payment for RTI Application under Sec 6(1) as per DoPT circular no.....dated........(enclosed).

Prayer/Relief:
    Besides other points, please also include:
    The PIO must be given a written warning to adhere to rules and regulations framed by the Government and warned that failure to do so means dereliction of duty by a Public Servant, which can lead to prosecution under various sections of the IPC.

If you wish, file another RTI application asking " How many RTI applications since the coming into force of the RTI Act, the Western Railway PIO has returned because the payment is not in favour of "Chief Cashier" in case of B/C, D/D and IPO ?"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

drjeme ,
    In fact , Para 3 of DOPT office memorandum F.No1/2/2007-IR dated 23 March,2007 as well as para13 of Annexure to DOPT ofice memorandum OM No.1/3/2008-IR dated 25 April,2008 are unequivocally specific about Payee,and I quote "payable to the Accounts officer of the public authority" So go ahead full throttle,as directed by Karira , and make sure that , THAT PIO sings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Amount Tobe Paid For First Appeal For Railway Of India?

plz help so tht i can file first appeal
    Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 07-05-08 at 11:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

drjeme,as per RTI Act and the Memos I have quoted above,there is no payment to be made for first appeal,so please go ahead and file as per suggestions made by Karira in his comments at post 2 above.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks a lot

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android