Topic Identifier

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad

1. draft of first appeal against passport office ghaziabad

senior & experienced members,

i have draft my 1st first appeal against passport office ghaziabad which is attached herewith.

kindly go through it and forward your valuable suggestions.

Attached Files Attached Files

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad

Quote Originally Posted by prbhat_gen View Post
    i have never filed any first appeal.

kindly suggest how and what all points have to be covered in drafting the first appeal.

There is a very good article by our member jsp50 on "First Appeal" in the Guide segment.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: draft of first appeal against passport office ghaziabad

Quote Originally Posted by prbhat_gen View Post
    senior & experienced members,

i have draft my 1st first appeal against passport office ghaziabad which is attached herewith.

kindly go through it and forward your valuable suggestions.
    Abhishek,

Many more points need to be added. Please refer to the format in the guide segment or please see the attachment to this post:
    (It is a general First Appeal format for denial of information...which is your case)

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3363-d...html#post11618

4. Re: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad

now i plan to file my first appeal on 6/6/08 as my rti application was sent by speed post on 5/5/08.

I understand that you are in a great hurry. You have started drafting your First Appeal even before getting the PIOs reply.

It's always better to prepare a First Appeal after getting a reply from PIO.

What if you never get a reply from the PIO? In that case you may not even file a first appeal.

So Please don't rush it. Allow at least 5 days time before taking any action.

With regard to the draft you have prepared, I understand that the following point is not necessary.
    b. An appropriate penalty be imposed on CPIO, Ghaziabad as per section 20(1) of RTI Act, 2005.
    This point needs to be deleted as the First Appellate Authority has no powers to impose penalty. Only the Commission can impose penalty if he so wishes.

One more point, do not make you First Appeal look like a Grievance redressing letter.

Meanwhile Write/FAX another reminder to the CPIO of the RPO to hurry up the issue

Sidharth
    Last edited by sidmis; 03-06-08 at 08:35 AM.

6. Re: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad

sidharth,

thanks for the valuable suggestions.

7. Re: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad

dear members,

kindly suggest whether in my case, should i directly move to CIC for complaint against PIO, Passport Office, Ghziabad for not furnishing the information within 30 days.

the matter is very urgent for me and need to have an early diposal.

Going for a complaint or appeal will not solve your problem. You must also understand the delay that happens at the Commission in processing your Complaint/appeal.

File another RTI application to seek information on the so called other passport that has been issued to your mother. Ask for file inspection of the original application submitted by your mother for passport and other details including police verification report and postal a/d and finally on what basis the RPO is claiming that you already have another Passport.

That way you will know whether the RPO is right or wrong.

Hope this helps.

Sidharth

P. S. You can simultaneously file a complaint before the CIC and serve a notice on this PIO to show him that you are serious.
    Last edited by sidmis; 05-06-08 at 07:58 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android